madmatt's Jap Style Twingo - New Wheel Colour

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im not sure :/ each to their own :)

would look better with the right size import plates though.

Sharpy":1sjm0buw said:

Well, which size do you think they're meant to be?

Because JAPANESE Import plates are 13" x 6.5", does half an inch made much difference? I think not...

Ollie, cheers :) I saw it in my mates DC2 ITR and thought "OOOOOOHHH! Me want!" It's something a bit different you don't see everyday too :)

No videos yet, might see if I can talk Kelly into doing an exhaust video on Tuesday night...
It's more on Idle and Overrun you notice it, it just adds to the intake noise when you hoor it.

Micro Update: SEATS :twisted:

Now I've just struck a deal with my mate, I shall be the owner of some OE Japanese Seats by the end of the week :)
Bought the OMP Subframes to go with them that SHOULD arrive on Wednesday :)

P.S - While I'm on the Topic of OMP subframes, do they have drilled holes for the Seat belt Pre-tensioners?

madmatt":3pz9t4pp said:
Micro Update: SEATS :twisted:

Now I've just struck a deal with my mate, I shall be the owner of some OE Japanese Seats by the end of the week :)
Bought the OMP Subframes to go with them that SHOULD arrive on Wednesday :)

P.S - While I'm on the Topic of OMP subframes, do they have drilled holes for the Seat belt Pre-tensioners?
Nope only holes for sidemounts/base mounted seats.

Cheers Matt, I saw the picture of the bracket and it looked as if it had a separate set of 2 bolt holes on the left side on the right frame and the right side on the left frame.

I've had OMP Subframes in my Rover before and they didn't come with them, so was just wondering :p

How did you mount your pretensioners?

madmatt":iqr7xcmg said:
Sharpy":iqr7xcmg said:

Well, which size do you think they're meant to be?

Because JAPANESE Import plates are 13" x 6.5", does half an inch made much difference? I think not...

Ollie, cheers :) I saw it in my mates DC2 ITR and thought "OOOOOOHHH! Me want!" It's something a bit different you don't see everyday too :)

No videos yet, might see if I can talk Kelly into doing an exhaust video on Tuesday night...
It's more on Idle and Overrun you notice it, it just adds to the intake noise when you hoor it.

Ive been in the real jap scene mate, so i know how much difference it makes, heres a pic of how a PROPER sized import plate looks on my old yaris.

yaris1.jpg

yaris3.jpg

Not the best close up pics but you can that they are more rectangle than square the letters arent as bold either. constructive criticism :)

They are 330mm wide X 165mm High if i remember rightly.

Sharpy":33r23pyj said:
Ive been in the real jap scene mate, so i know how much difference it makes, heres a pic of how a PROPER sized import plate looks on my old yaris.
Not the best close up pics but you can that they are more rectangle than square the letters arent as bold either. constructive criticism :)

The plate was bought to be Compliant so I didn't get pulled every time I wanted to go for a drive from pedantic Traffic Officers with Tape Measures.

It got made up as-was...

SM5
9AWJ.....Just don't look right.

Being as the Japanese Issue plates for Private Vehicles above 660cc are 13" x 6.5" (Green Text, White Plate) and I won't get done for non compliant plates, it's good enough for me :)

And, 330 x 165mm is 13" x 6.5" - Still don't think half an inch makes much of a difference :lol:

Appreciate what you're saying though ;)

madmatt":1f3oicly said:
Sharpy":1f3oicly said:

The plate was bought to be Compliant so I didn't get pulled every time I wanted to go for a drive from pedantic Traffic Officers with Tape Measures.

It got made up as-was...

SM5
9AWJ.....Just don't look right.

Being as the Japanese Issue plates for Private Vehicles above 660cc are 13" x 6.5" (Green Text, White Plate) and I won't get done for non compliant plates, it's good enough for me :)

And, 330 x 165mm is 13" x 6.5" - Still don't think half an inch makes much of a difference :lol:

Appreciate what you're saying though ;)

They strict where you live like? had no bother at all with them where i live, didnt think twice about it. I knew that they were sort of frowned upon though by the police but its worth the risk haha!

I know i was just thinking if it was or not, thinking out loud! i have always thought that its meant to be 3 letters on the top line and 4 underneath! obvioussly doesnt affect me due to my reg! haha

Sharpy":2sbdzxes said:
They strict where you live like? had no bother at all with them where i live, didnt think twice about it. I knew that they were sort of frowned upon though by the police but its worth the risk haha!

I know i was just thinking if it was or not, thinking out loud! i have always thought that its meant to be 3 letters on the top line and 4 underneath! obvioussly doesnt affect me due to my reg! haha

They have been known to turn up to the local cruise with the VOSA Van and Tape measures...not so much recently, there's usually someone that puts out a heads up anyways.

I hope my new subframes arrive so I can get my seats fitted for Thursday and get some Pics up :)

Well, figured I would get you folk some pictures of the exhaust system while I was under the car.

From First OE Box (toying with whether to take it out or not....)
Exhaust1.jpg

Exhaust2.jpg

Exhaust3.jpg

Over Axle Bend
Exhaust4.jpg

Into Backbox
Exhaust5.jpg

Exhaust6.jpg

And, I managed to get my new seats in, but it was dark once I finished...so this is the only pic you're getting :lol:
OMPsubframes.jpg

I WILL Update tomorrow with proper Seat Pics :)