madmatt's Jap Style Twingo - New Wheel Colour

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hammer time!

funny-pictures-mc-hammer-cat.jpg

MovingShadow":2zwcqpzq said:
How can they rub? too high ET value and too thick tyres?

In all honesty, I think it's down to the offset too LOW ET value. They rub more than they used to on the same sized tyres over bumps etc.
I THINK it's because the R1-Rs have stiffer sidewalls and a much lower void shoulder than the T1-Rs so the tread surface actually sticks out more than it used to.

singlespeed":2zwcqpzq said:
Maybe the rear end. Have a look at the top of the arch, up inside the plastic extension, theres a lip where the original body inner arch is.

That's where they used to Neil, trouble is, when it used to, I had dry days so you could see where it's streaked the tyre slightly but it hasn't been dry ONCE when it's rubbed :evil:
When I looked earlier when I switched the wheels back, it was as if the seam at the front where the 2 skins meet on the sills had rubbed a bit....the profile's no lower than previous and it never did...some digging needed I think.

tw11ngo":2zwcqpzq said:
makes sense now when you said at jumanji nights how your twingo has more JDM parts than most of the bangers there! beatifullllll

Hahah, cheers matey :) Wondered how long it would take you to find this :)

Hey pal ur ind kit, could u poss post a link to where u bought the pipes as I want to copy ur ind kit as its exactly what I want!!!

Rob_McLav":8jlqagj4 said:
Hey pal ur ind kit, could u poss post a link to where u bought the pipes as I want to copy ur ind kit as its exactly what I want!!!

Hey Rob,

eBay :) You should be able to buy everything you need from ASH - Auto Silicon Hoses :)
I would suggest double checking the measurements though, mine was a bit of faff :p

BE AWARE OF FAKE HKS/GREDDY/APEXI FILTERS ON EBAY
If the price is unusually low for a new filter e.g -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apexi-Un...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e733cd63c

FAKE AS FOOOOK! They START at about £80...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universa...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cce6609be

ALSO FAKE AS FOOK...BUT, if you just want "the look", then you can buy this and replace the filter element from a reputable supplier i.e - Sumo Power.

I don't endorse fakes however, just making you aware of them...

alloys look much better in white ;) i was thinking of getting R1R's for my next set of tyres. They worth the price?

Just fun shed reading through this thread, have to say I love what you've done :) always good to see something different

MovingShadow":1tcskrk2 said:
These are real: https://www.nengun.com/cusco/oil-catch-tank

whats the difference between the 9mm and 15mm?

Which one did you get? I assume it a universal one.

Indeedy but Nengun charge a SHIT-TONNE....

It's the inlet/outlet pipe difference, for our cars, 9mm is more than adequate..for a bigger/more powerful engine, a RB26 perhaps, the larger diameter copes with the higher stresses and usage of the catch can :)

craig92":1tcskrk2 said:
alloys look much better in white ;) i was thinking of getting R1R's for my next set of tyres. They worth the price?

Thanks matey :) Still needs a bit of a drop to suit them properly but I'm happy with them, they were starting to Flake in Black.

In a phrase.....HELL, YES.
The dry grip is phenomenal (doo dooo doodo do) and the sidewalls are MUCH stiffer than the T1-Rs.
Wet grip is still pretty damn good, really progressive and offer much more grip than the T1-Rs.
Wear, half the wear rate of my T1s....140 compared to 280 of old but they've stood up well so far :)
Surprisingly good in the snow and ice!

lgonzalez":1tcskrk2 said:
Just fun shed reading through this thread, have to say I love what you've done :) always good to see something different

Thanks very much matey :) I appreciate the compliment :)

Now that I've FINALLY got my new camera, I may be able to get an exhaust noise video done!!!!

Rob_McLav":32ea4di2 said:
Really loving what use done with this car keep it up :)
Agree.. If there would be a golden circle on twingo133.net, this would be one of the cars that would be in it.

Love the JDM details :cool:

Rob_McLav":2cfojvju said:
Mad matt, just been on the ash sight, what was the inner diameter size that you used? Gonna get the black ones :)

I will need to check Robski...worth buying the mushroom first and then measure the OD of the outlet and try to keep it as consistent as possible.