madmatt's Jap Style Twingo - New Wheel Colour

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because of the size of the filer, relocation isn't really an option.
Looking into reducing underbonnet temps by Plating the back of the Rad with Ally and putting another fan on the plate to try and redirect airflow away from the filter.

If not, I'll just be making a "feed chute"/heat shield for the filter. The HKS is designed to direct the airflow from any direction, into the same direction with blades underneath the filter itself and a profiled outlet as well.

The filter's also positioned right at the OE Cold Air Feed at the moment to get the best of it but there are further plans in the pipeline (no pun intended :lol:) for once I man up and cut a chunk out my bumper.

I'm gonna see how fast this Towing strap fades but at the moment, it ties in with my other accent plans for my car :) I might switch it out with a black on at some point in the forseeable future, depends on what colour scheme I'm keeping.

Can you get a vid with the filter on , would like to hear it as I'd like one too.

Also what happened to the drivers side fog surround?

I will do in the next few days I think.
Get my brother to sit in with me, his Desire HD has better video/sound quality.
Watch this space.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFcCiuq4BIY
For those that don't wanna dig, this is the Intake Noise Video :)

Was wondering when someone would notice that
It got broken a while back when the local f*cktard Neds threw an Iceball at my car when I was driving through a local town.
The roads were still snowy and icy so by the time I had stopped, they were long gone...cnuts!

madmatt":3mpwo906 said:
Was wondering when someone would notice that
It got broken a while back when the local f*cktard Neds threw an Iceball at my car when I was driving through a local town.
The roads were still snowy and icy so by the time I had stopped, they were long gone...cnuts!

fuckin bell ends . they obviously had not better to do then damage some ones pride and joy....

No real developments recently...
Waiting for parts to arrive :(

Fitted new LED sidelights but as I'm waiting on HIDs to Arrive, I'll just take some pictures with the whole lot fitted.
I've bought some 3D Carbon Vinyl to try some wrapping as well as Yellow film for my foglights so I'll get some pictures when I've wrapped the lot up and got it cleaned.

Some stickers to put on as well so, watch this space :D

Haven't bothered to see Renault yet, might just drop in tomorrow after I've done some wrapping and get them to tell me why it is where it is :p

madmatt":62a94zje said:
Haven't bothered to see Renault yet, might just drop in tomorrow after I've done some wrapping and get them to tell me why it is where it is :p

so you know where it is then ? lol

Some more progress for you lovely people :)

Managed to find some stretchable Yellow tint film for my Foglights for that extra Jap feel :)
Image006-2.jpg

Image013.jpg

Image012.jpg

Also Carbon Wrapped my Front and Rear Badges, Clock Surrounds and Radio Surround :) Was a Fun (read FRUSTRATING) job to do :D
Image011.jpg

Image010-1.jpg

Image014-1.jpg

Image009-1.jpg

EDIT: Also forgot to mention, I fitted some HIDs with 6000k Bulbs for every day use and 3000k Bulbs for when I'm at shows, cruises etc.
I'll get some pictures up next time I'm out driving at night :)

Hey whats up dude,Car is looking really awesome,You should wrap your front number plate holder in carbon.How did you wrap your interior bits because i tried and the vinyl just would not stick to the textured plastics..
Thanks!!

TheDon":1wlbq7zw said:
Car is looking really awesome,You should wrap your front number plate holder in carbon.How did you wrap your interior bits because i tried and the vinyl just would not stick to the textured plastics..
Thanks!!

Thanks very much guys :)

Front licence plate holder is on the cards at the end of the month, once I get some new plates made up and a licence plate tilt bracket for the 13 x 7" plate I'm getting for the front.

I managed to get the vinyl to stick with no problems, gave the part a rub down with IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol not India Pale Ale :lol:) then just stretched and tucked the vinyl to fit. It was a bit of a pig to be honest, far too many curves for my liking (first time Wrapper) but it makes a whole bunch of difference to the interior :)

Dutchie":1wlbq7zw said:
the wrapping looks awesome! what vinyl did you use?

The CF Vinyl I used is actually a mystery to me :? It wasn't branded or anything.
It's textured/cast vinyl I bought of the Bay and was an absolute bloody bargain, £8.99 + Post for 1500 x 500mm from a shop called Edvance Japan Auto Parts.
The Yellow Film I used was from a seller called xpinvinyls in the States.

Hope it helps :D

madmatt":11yex11n said:
TheDon":11yex11n said:
Car is looking really awesome,You should wrap your front number plate holder in carbon.How did you wrap your interior bits because i tried and the vinyl just would not stick to the textured plastics..
Thanks!!

Thanks very much guys :)

Front licence plate holder is on the cards at the end of the month, once I get some new plates made up and a licence plate tilt bracket for the 13 x 7" plate I'm getting for the front.
I managed to get the vinyl to stick with no problems, gave the part a rub down with IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol not India Pale Ale :lol:) then just stretched and tucked the vinyl to fit. It was a bit of a pig to be honest, far too many curves for my liking (first time Wrapper) but it makes a whole bunch of difference to the interior :)

Ahhh ok sweet,Yea i tried to wrap a few bits in my interior but it would not stick.Maybe i need to get some of that IPA India Pale Ale :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kelly_GT":3pm1k1if said:
i think you need to make use of my new camera to take better pics y0! haha :D

Stop teasing me! You know I want one!!! :p

I'll clean it up and we'll go picture taking :) once you've passed obviously :D

madmatt":2kv3ahw3 said:
Kelly_GT":2kv3ahw3 said:
i think you need to make use of my new camera to take better pics y0! haha :D

Stop teasing me! You know I want one!!! :p

I'll clean it up and we'll go picture taking :) once you've passed obviously :D

Sounds like a plan :D hopefully 2 weeks on friday ill be out a wee spin in the car :)
You'll need to show me how to properly use it! That's if you know how to :lol:
(Talking bout the camera!!!!)

Just a wee Teaser of what's to come at the end of the month :twisted:

205872_10150341137097160_745182159_9864837_6637549_n.jpg

215052_10150341137067160_745182159_9864836_1842457_n.jpg

Got a few more Pics to take to but might as well kill, more than a few birds with one stone!

Big Update for End of Month

Cheers Caz :)

Should be out some point this week with Kelly_GT to try and get a Noise Clip of the Intake before I get the exhaust built up too.
If I get decent weather this week, I'll make sure it gets a wash and wax so I can get some decent pictures for an update too :)

matbry01":1gyjd3a5 said:
found out about your break resi ? :)
Forgot to update Mat, I found it sitting on top of my gearbox!
The Mongos from Renault Arnold Clark Stirling, neglected to bolt the fecking thing back on when they switched out my Injection computer.

It was sitting, cap next to the Exhaust manifold and now the fluid level is low...not a happy bunny but I can't prove it was them :evil: