RS133 / Wind 1.6 K4M cams

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
benmc":1lscg3h1 said:
Ooo gone quiet again :/ what's the latest?
Spoke to Matt earlier, chasing up what was happening with the shipping. Waiting to hear back from Belgium.

I won't be seeing the head or cams for a while yet anyway, as they will be going direct from the factory in Belgiun for re-working of the cylinder head. Dying to see if over size valves will fit in the head, as I will need some valves and it's not much more machining to go up a size... however, I'm more interested in the mid range torque than peak power, so standard valves are probably more than enough and would be better suited :?

Gaskets, belts, bolts etc ordered from Karl earlier.

Sure was looks like its all going to arrive tomorrow except the one plug you ordered later in the day.

Twingogeekeo":oueb7mbt said:
Sure was looks like its all going to arrive tomorrow except the one plug you ordered later in the day.
Excellent. Thanks Honey :p

Do you know when these will be available for group buy?

Head and new 'fast road cams' now getting shipped back to UK. Just in time for me to go off to work :(

Matt said the cams should be retailing at £612+VAT for a pair. He said that they don't actualy do group buys, but mentioned that a retailer may do.

Apparently K-tec have a pair ordered, so they should be trying them in their Twingo some time soon and mapping it.

poweller23":297s7k0z said:
612+ vat ?? Really what a rip off
You don't have to buy them ;)

You could always find a place to do a cheap re-grind on an original cam, instead of having billets machined from scratch. That would save a lot of machining down, especially for the inlet cam, which has the large square profile cam lobe as part of it. Problem being the negative radius profiles don't leave much room for improvement.

The head and cams have arrived back and ready for the head work. Porting, recut seats, unshroud valve heads as much as possible, new valve guides, re-skim.

Then, i'll look at the inlet manifold again, before getting everything fitted.

Leave booked from work and car booked into K-tec for 15th Jan. Head swap, fit new cams and custom re-map.

By which point, they should have fitted the same cams to their 133 and being able to see how much valve clearance there is and get a staring map developed.

I just hope its not snowing

sorry for my english so they will start developpement before 15th january or after?

anyway good job to spent time on this project
I wil start mine next year

K-tec have a pair of fast road cams ordered from Catcams. They hope to have them in the next couple of weeks, then get them fitted to their RS133 and have it mapped.

My spare head is getting worked now, so everything should be good to go for when I'm booked in. Head swap and fit cams on 15th, remapping and evaluate 16th, refine map/ evaluate if required 17th.

fast road profile, with the emphasis on more mid range torque between 3K-5500
Under-the-line area is what interests me too so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens - particularly with/compared to the ktec engine-back exhaust, intake and remap (since that's my list, plus 15" wheels).

(Edit: Looking at yotah's latest update, a fully-flocked dash might be going on too :lol: )

singlespeed":2b2aunn6 said:
K-tec have a pair of fast road cams ordered from Catcams. They hope to have them in the next couple of weeks, then get them fitted to their RS133 and have it mapped.

My spare head is getting worked now, so everything should be good to go for when I'm booked in. Head swap and fit cams on 15th, remapping and evaluate 16th, refine map/ evaluate if required 17th.

Sorry to read not the complete topic but im really interested for the result after the remap and how the torque feels around the 3-5K rpm :eek:

I read they are made in Belgium :p so i dont have to go look far to get me those is it a custom order .. ? cause i see there are sport application or did you choose for rally & race purpose wich one did you pick ?

GhostZ":1gz7mo9y said:
singlespeed":1gz7mo9y said:

Sorry to read not the complete topic but im really interested for the result after te remap and how the torque feels around the 3-5K rpm :eek:

I read they are made in Belgium :p so i dont have to go look far to get me those is it a custom order .. ? cause i see there are sport application or did you choose for rally & race purpose wich one did you pick ?
these are new cams for the 800 series engines which are different fitments to the cams previously avaliable for the earlier engines. New cams, new profiles :)