RS133 / Wind 1.6 K4M cams

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maggi112":2kh0fski said:
How will these work with the VVT?
The idea is for them to still work with the VVT as a direct swap

maggi112":2kh0fski said:
What other changes will be necessary?
If they are like most engines, there will be a couple of profiles which would be a direct swap. Theres likely to be some more agresive profiles with high lift and designed for higher RPM which would start needing things like deeper pockets in the piston crown to accomodate the lift and give the valve head some clearance and solid lifters to cope with the higher RPM... However bottom end work would probably be needed as well if your going over 7500 on a regular basis

As an idea, heres the ones for the non-VVT K4M-700 series
>>https://www.catcams.co.uk/acatalog/Renault_Clio__M_gane__Laguna_1.6L_16v.html

As title really did the guy who sent his head off ever get sorte with cat cams what came of it?

I don't have face book bud and seriously they still haven't sorted anything yet :eek:

THe longer they take though, the more likely they are to be available and sorted when my warranty comes to an end and then I'm likely to buy them :lol:

Cat back, proper induction kit and cams and I'd get them remapped and sorted at RS Tuning probably would be the plan.

But for the time being I've only done insurance covering 'decorative exterior modifications' and 'filter' so I'll need to wait whatever :p (By which time the warranty's up anyway

it's just ridiculous. all that "already ground" "just needs hardening" "waiting for status update" crap... they should just admit they didn't even start taking neils head apart...

Just read that Facebook conversation... what a joke lol, I'm struggling to wait 8 weeks for my Shotgun Certificate.. let alone 8 months for some Cams lol

Part of the thread from Catcams UK facebook":271eryg9 said:
Matt Sav- First cams being ground next week so should be ready in 2 weeks time (they need heat treatment).
5 September at 12:13 · Unlike · 1..

Manfred Mage-r excellent. now that I sold the car there's finally some progress on cams
5 September at 12:40 · Like..

Ollie Hickling- How are these getting on ?
17 September at 19:13 · Like · 1..

Declan Bolton- Any news?
23 September at 08:52 via mobile · Like · 2..

Neil Purdie- Ground, heat treated and ready to go now? Please say yes
4 October at 03:39 · Like · 2..

Declan Bolton- Cams?!?
10 October at 14:49 via mobile · Like..

Neil Purdie- Nearly 6 months in the making. I hope they are worth the wait.
11 October at 06:56 · Like · 3..

Manfred Mager- probably handground then...
11 October at 09:45 · Like..

Matt Sav- Im just waiting for an update.....
11 October at 11:18 · Like · 1..

Neil Purdie- Matt. Can you confirm the OE profile specs. Wondering how they compare to your replacement ones for the 700 series engines
17 October at 07:56 · Like · 2..

Neil Purdie- "Matt Sav - Im just waiting for an update....." erm, so am I (and a few others who are/were interested. Can I have my head back now?
Saturday at 14:34 · Like · 2..

Declan Bolton- This is another month overdue from the heat treating, been ages........
Yesterday at 13:00 via mobile · Like

Matt Sav- We've got a problem with the billets so they are being re-made unfortunatley
6 hours ago · Like..

Declan Bolton- Eta?
6 hours ago via mobile · Like..

Matt Sav- I'll find out.....
2 hours ago · Like..

Oliver Seegmüller- If they are working as good as the 2704 I have in my K4M, they are clearly worth waiting.
52 minutes ago · Like · 1..

Neil Purdie- Hey Matt. With the above delays, TBH, I'm not at all surprised now. I think I've been more than patient with what you expected to be a 12 week job, so heres a months notice to return my head, as I still want to have some work done on it. With all the measuring and profiles apparently done, that should give enough time to grind some new ones and test fit them. Either return it by 20th Nov, or send me a replacement. Thanks, Neil.

a reply already :!:

Matt Sav- No problems Niel. Sorry for the delays, a combination of people off on holiday, 1 machine break down and a major overhaul on others has put us completely behind schedule
8 minutes ago · Like

Why didn't he say anything earlier? Him delaying telling you that means it now looks like he's taking the piss well and truely?!

*EDIT* just seen what you wrote on FB!

Neil Purdie- You could have told us earlier, which would have probably saved me feeling like I should have gone elsewhere
7 minutes ago · Like..

Matt Sav- to be honest we didnt know or I would have.....
6 minutes ago · Like..

Neil Purdie- What still needs doing and what time scales are expected? So, do you expect something usable before another month is out?
about a minute ago · Like

"Didn't know" Thats shocking realy when one part of a company hasn't got a clue about major delays in upstream work

Gees piss take that! Hope they still get sorted though :p