Boy Racers.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly! A client of mine always says how much he loves my car but when I offered to swap for his c63 amg he declined :lol:

A 1.2... Not a chance against most things :lol: regardless of the driver.

maggi112":mqlvga97 said:
Exactly! A client of mine always says how much he loves my car but when I offered to swap for his c63 amg he declined :lol:

A 1.2... Not a chance against most things :lol: regardless of the driver.
Precisely. If you want speed and lots of horse power, go buy a Bugatti Veyron, not a Renault Twingo! Not a criticism to Twingo's though, don't get me wrong they are great cars.

But for example, when going on motorways in a 1.2, getting them up to 70mph takes a while but once they are at 70 they will drive comfortably. Given the 1.2 only has a top speed of 96mph (not that I've ever done that or ever would do that on the road), there are plenty of other cars that would "whoop your ass", for want of a better term lol.

Elly":mqlvga97 said:
Sticking RS stuff on it doesn't make it a Renaultsport.
Yeah, it makes it look like the car is trying to be something it's not! But I think Turbo's point was, other people who don't know their cars may not necessarily be able to tell the difference between a 133 and an ordinary 1.2.

maggi112":16v9e695 said:
c63 amg .

hhmmm poss the best sounding production car ever!!

Sam":16v9e695 said:
when going on motorways in a 1.2, getting them up to 70mph takes a while but once they are at 70 they will drive comfortably.

really?
i think you should go hire a big merc (or any big german car ) and drive up the m1 !
then do the same drive the nxt day in ur twingo!

you will find that 70mph feels like about 20mph!!!
u can be cruising at 70-90mph with the a/c on full,heated seats,tv on etc etc and not notice the speed (almost dangerous in some cases)
also knowing there is still alot more to give !

where as the twingo will be under a lot more strain due to only being a 1.2 screaming its nuts off and being smaller/lighter will feel skittish at speeds or if the wind picks up/ lorry overtakes etc

TURBO":3nz6aeen said:
really?
i think you should go hire a big merc (or any big german car ) and drive up the m1 !
then do the same drive the nxt day in ur twingo!

you will find that 70mph feels like about 20mph!!!
u can be cruising at 70-90mph with the a/c on full,heated seats,tv on etc etc and not notice the speed (almost dangerous in some cases)
also knowing there is still alot more to give !

where as the twingo will be under a lot more strain due to only being a 1.2 screaming its nuts off and being smaller/lighter will feel skittish at speeds or if the wind picks up/ lorry overtakes etc
my friends Astra used to be like that, where 70mph would feel like really slow, lol. But then his speedo was out and in need of recalibrating. Surprisingly (unlike other cars with small engines) the Twingo doesn't scream at 70 at all; 70 isn't too much like hard work for it!

I recently hired a Fiat 500 1.2 Lounge (it was what they offered me lol), and going down the M25 in that, it was really nippy and quick in comparison to the Twingo. The fuel economy of the 500 was terrible though,I was driving it sensibly but according to its onboard trip computer it was doing 40mpg both urban and motorways which I thought was pretty poor, even my Twingo has more mpg than that!

must admit there is something brilliant about being in a little box that most people would look down there noses at or think "damm boy racers"

but then have a monster under the bonnet and b able to leave cars 5 times the price for dead :twisted:

maggi112":21gn6d3r said:
Elly":21gn6d3r said:
Sticking RS stuff on it doesn't make it a Renaultsport.
*like*
it's something I absolutely hate! If renault didnt put one on it them it shouldnt have one! It makes the chavs/idiots who race them think that Renaultsport are crap and slow.

Elly":2iqlwdnu said:
it's something I absolutely hate! If renault didnt put one on it them it shouldnt have one! It makes the chavs/idiots who race them think that Renaultsport are crap and slow.

+1

"i killed a clio 182 in my 1.2 corsa the other day!"

no u and the clio driver just put another nail in the coffin for renaultsports :cry:

Elly":2assldz8 said:

I see your point however at the end of the day its their car and up to them what they choose to do. i cover mine is stickers and what not and i dont give a shit what other people think because its MY car.

and these chavs that drive round trying to race people well if they think its a sport and 'crappy' then they clearly know nothing about cars so what doest matter?!

RANT OVER!

Caz-133cup":361lbt5g said:
Elly":361lbt5g said:

I see your point however at the end of the day its their car and up to them what they choose to do. i cover mine is stickers and what not and i dont give a s**t what other people think because its MY car.

!
+1

This subject seems to coming up a few times recently,

It's not something I would do, but each to their own as long as the owner is happy

Absolutely. And I've said time and time again, Courtney's car is his and looks stunning. He just seems to have a chip on his shoulder about it and for some reason feels the need to big it up any chance he gets. I was only poking a bit of fun. See hollies car is very similar, don't bother me because of her attitude!

Elly":wk904q28 said:

Would you be annoyed if I put a renaultsport badge on my scenic? :lol:

Gareth":1nm8wsad said:
Elly":1nm8wsad said:

Would you be annoyed if I put a renaultsport badge on my scenic? :lol:
I have just rebadged my megane estate as a focus st, adds at least +6bhp