RS133 / Wind 1.6 K4M cams

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

singlespeed

Reaction score
Right. For a while, theres been rumour of Catcams making, or indede having made a set of cams for the K4M-854 engine, which runs a VVT pulley on the inlet cam.

https://www.twingo133.net/engine-gearbox-exhaust-air-intake-system/cams-t258.html
https://www.twingo133.net/engine-gearbox-exhaust-air-intake-system/k4m-cams-t4919.html

I filled out the 'contact us' form on the CatcamUK website and then gave them a call. Speaking with Mathew, apparently they were previously promissed a head and cams to measure, before they could get something made or even guess wether a K4M-700 cam would fit with some drillings etc for the VVC... The promised head and cams never materialised so the project was canned.

Anyway, as you may know I found a spare head, complete with cams which I'm intending to get modified to improve the ports. So, with a head and cams to measure, they could get a profile machined up... Being as the porting work hadn't started yet, I pulled it out and it's now at the couriers ready to make it's way South.

I'm after a fast road profile, with the emphasis on more mid range torque between 3K-5500 which is where the best gains in drivability will come from. Bragging rights of top end power isn't too important to me and, gaining loads of top end power is fine if your constantly over 6K, which I doubt many people are unless they haven't sussed out theres more than 3 gears.

As this is now highly likely to happen rather than just talking about it, who's still interested?

I was the first to have the 197 catcams via dealings with Matthew, good bloke!

lemat1":v7efwxlr said:
Assuming they're not 5 grand a set im interested!

Mat
I've just spoken to Matthew, to make sure the head turned up, which it has. So it will be going over to factory in Belguim soon. Expect a production date of around 12 weeks as the factory is running flat out, however more demand could bring this forwards :D

Price wise, he expects it to be very simillar to the existing K4M and F4R cams, so around the £600 mark.

madmatt":2oxmc48w said:
Any posibility of a Pulley Kit?
I haven't mentioned anything about it, but why? I expect the exhaust pulley could be simple to do, but the inlet would be a serious undertaing unless doing away with the VVC mechanism... Besides, what's the point when all the pulleys are free floating any could be set anywhere if required

Catcams UK facebook":37izhds3 said:
Neil Purdie":37izhds3 said:
Hows the measuring of my K4M-854 head going? Just curious when to expect it back. Thanks, Neil.

Matt Sav":37izhds3 said:
Its in progress..... The triggers are the same as the 2.0L which makes life a bit easier. I'll let you know when we've finished the drawings

Matt from Catcams Uk is going over to Belgium this coming week, so some progress news expected soon.

Getting closer!! Does anyone know how much these will roughly be?