Your MPG

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That section of roadworks on the m1 goes on forever no wonder you get good mpg. I detest using the m1 now due to the twingo not having cruise control.

gsidave":1a43bxob said:
That section of roadworks on the m1 goes on forever no wonder you get good mpg. I detest using the m1 now due to the twingo not having cruise control.

i really miss cruise control from when i had my seat, i never thought i would use it but now I'm driving motorways all the time i hate not having it!

That is good going in the Beemer I must admit. Very impressive and goes to show that all these hybrid cars that only just manage 50mpg are a load of old arse.

At least if you take it easy on the commute, getting over 60mpg at least you can give it the beans at the weekend.

Having not bothered checking my MPG for the last 18 months of the 2 years I've owned my Twingo I checked it this weekend.

Blackpool -> Birmingham, full car (4 people and a bit of luggage), filled up with V-Power on the way in the morning and reset the trip computer before I even started the car. Drove down to Birmingham at an indicated 75-80, not a lot of traffic about so didn't need to slow down or speed up much aside from the M6 toll where I knocked it up to 90 (Kph, your honor), M6 toll also included a full bore sprint back up to cruising speed(!). Same again on the way back home...

Final result, 305 miles driven, average speed of 64mph (Off my phone, not sure how accurate that is) - 30.23L to fill (Same pump as I used in the morning)... 46mpg! I was amazed - Twingo definitely earned it's keep this weekend!

I can only wonder what I'd have gotten if I had cruise control to use and less 'enthusiasm' away from the toll booths.

Was very chuffed. Got 75miles off the first block the other day :)

the first bar is a load of 5hite anyway.. some times i get under 20 miles on it some times over 80... always fill to the top and then some, dont drive massively differently. i dont trust that much.

i normally only get about 27 mpg.. sometimes even less. ive got a 33 mile commute to work, of which 30 miles of that is on Edinburgh City bypass and the A1 so basically like motorway driving... but on the open stretches on the a1 theres often a couple of "one"s on my speedo... seriously considering whether i'd be better off buying a diesel but find it difficult to work out what mpg id get with my driving because ill definately not get the manufacturers claimed mpg figures! any ideas on the mpg on a megane 2L dci 150 GT for "my driving"? i know thats a difficult question!

I get 38mpg on the motorways in my 230! Pretty impressive!

Its shocking around town though :lol:

elniniol999":v7kw4puw said:
the first bar is a load of 5hite anyway.. some times i get under 20 miles on it some times over 80... always fill to the top and then some, dont drive massively differently. i dont trust that much.

i normally only get about 27 mpg.. sometimes even less. ive got a 33 mile commute to work, of which 30 miles of that is on Edinburgh City bypass and the A1 so basically like motorway driving... but on the open stretches on the a1 theres often a couple of "one"s on my speedo... seriously considering whether i'd be better off buying a diesel but find it difficult to work out what mpg id get with my driving because ill definately not get the manufacturers claimed mpg figures! any ideas on the mpg on a megane 2L dci 150 GT for "my driving"? i know thats a difficult question!

2, maybe 45.

who knows.

I had a 130 1.9 dci remapped to 180bhp and that managed a average of38mpg, driven properly. On motorways I managed in the 60's while behaving.

when buying a car, i always look at the urban mpg because realistically thats what your going to get

Beleave it or not I had 130 odd befor the first bar went from necking it. No photo evidence am afraid.

Now I have hit 2k worth of spam. :-/

Congrats on the 2k fella. However.......

tumblr_kthzopfxcs1qzsth0o1_500.jpg

I have the 1.6 133 wind which is a bit heavier than a twingo (probably about the same as a couple of passengers extra...) It has a fuel computer which ive checked so i know its accurate. I consistently get 39-40mpg and i do mostly steady runs on A roads at 50-60 or Mway at about 65 using cruise control. I usually go 300-350 miles on the 40 litre tank before needing to fill up. I use 95RON fuel. Ive not read anywhere that the 133 engine adapts its ignition timing to take advantage of 98/99 RON fuel, in which case there is no benefit at all in using it.

i just drove down to cornwall so all motorway driving. and the car was full to rafters with gf stuff for uni and i was hitting 40 mpg whihc isnt bad seeing the car has only done 700 miles since new