Your MPG

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im getting 35.89, just used an mpg calculator thing, most of my driving is motorway though

Motorway driving is always best for MPG also keeping to one speed at low revs. Most cars they say best for MPG is 68 MPH

68 mph is about 3.5k revs so its not a bad guestimate, wish the car had a 6th gear, would make things a whole lot better

Using scanguage on trip, lowest 11mpg highest 46 mpg. Goes REALLY low in realtime measure, seen 4 before on full boost :(

It really does need a 6th gear. The amount if times i've tried to stick it in 6th is un real, damn 200!

orbital":3belpbz5 said:
havent worked out mine yet but im getting 250miles per full tank, with driving at 5th at 30 so very slow driving. lol
I find the worst thing to do is to drive in 5th at 30mph i drive in 4th as it doesnt work the engine as hard which means uses less fuel...

Bones":3belpbz5 said:
It really does need a 6th gear. The amount if times i've tried to stick it in 6th is un real, damn 200!
I could agree more i think the RS Twingo should have a 6 speed box, out of curiosity (if thats how you spell it) will a clioRS gearbox fit a twingoRS? Twingo would be a lot quicker with an extra gear i think!

harry_mcc":1g8j1euk said:
orbital":1g8j1euk said:
havent worked out mine yet but im getting 250miles per full tank, with driving at 5th at 30 so very slow driving. lol
I find the worst thing to do is to drive in 5th at 30mph i drive in 4th as it doesnt work the engine as hard which means uses less fuel...

Just thought i'd add my experience, mainly town and dual carriage way driving.

I regularly stuck it in 5th at 30 when i know i could maintain that speed for a good distance.

On my last fill up I was in each gear for longer, keeping it in 4th at 30 and changing to 5th at 40, my full tank mileage increased by around 10 miles. I'm going to continue staying longer in gears for the next few fill ups to see truer results.

This is just a general opinion of course.

I was having a mental debate with myself yesterday actualy about which speeds should i use which gear, I usually stick it in 5th at 30 but was wondering if it would be best off staying in 4th or not. I usually shift up before 3000rpm everytime

Bones":2agya5ul said:
I was having a mental debate with myself yesterday actualy about which speeds should i use which gear, I usually stick it in 5th at 30 but was wondering if it would be best off staying in 4th or not. I usually shift up before 3000rpm everytime

Debate with yaself :lol: :lol:

Least im not the only one that does it :oops:

Twingogeekeo":30rcqayu said:
Motorway driving is always best for MPG also keeping to one speed at low revs. Most cars they say best for MPG is 68 MPH

went up to cardiff today, on the way there i averaged 60mph, was in no rush to go round the shops with the mrs :roll: 1 bar on the fuel guage lasted 54 miles.
on the way home i averaged about 68mph and 1 bar lasted 59.7 miles :eek:

harry_mcc":injy9w0h said:
I could agree more i think the RS Twingo should have a 6 speed box, out of curiosity (if thats how you spell it) will a clioRS gearbox fit a twingoRS? Twingo would be a lot quicker with an extra gear i think!

Nah, the 6 Speed box is too Wide for the Twingo Subframe :(

I usually manage - about 100 miles to 15 ltrs.
That's day to day, Country roads and Town.

Managed 130 with 15 ltrs, just by throwing in a Trip to Glasgow and back on the motorway.

I've worked mine out after a few journeys. My best has been pretty much 50mpg on a long motorway run, though typically I average high 30's. approx 38mpg usually. I think that's pretty good considering I like to drive on B road routes and like seeing the change gear light from time to time ;)

I tend to put the fuel in my Mrs Twingo but have no idea on average consumption day to day. Well over 30mpg though as it only costs me about £15 a week in fuel do I'm not complaining! lol

I do like to work out the mpg on a long run though, drove from London to Bristol this week and it was about 48-49mpg. Quite impressive really.

does anyone know how many litres each bar represents is it 5 litres, as there's 7 bars and the reserve

Is there a way to change the little computer thing to show how many miles of petrol you have left?! I know I can in the Clio :-/

On full boost my scanguage reads 6... But usually get 300ish miles

right of topic question isit more eficiant (if thats how you spell it) to be over the vvt over 4k or below the 4k ?