Your MPG

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First tank after ownership, bit disappointed at 34.6mpg.
I had been making some nice noises during that time though ;)

Second tank 44.7mpg
Fair bit of steady A roads and a bit of town driving with not too much revving.

My aim is to get 50mpg out of the driving to/from work.
I used to get 41/42 mpg in my RS Clio 172 so 45mpg is the least I'd expect.

My cars only done 8k though, so we'll see how things go.

I managed 43mpg out of the mrs' 182 Cup a few weeks ago on the daily drive. :cool:

Must admit the Twingo RS makes a great sound. :D

What's this mpg you speak of? My 197 certainly doesn't understand that you should get miles and not inches per gallon.

My twingo seems to be pretty pants on fuel economy, had a run down to the new forest and back at the weekend, so 95% motorway @ 70mph and got 33.5mpg overall for the tank, yet doesnt drop much when I'm using it for work which is stop start town driving, get about 29mpg then which is about what I'd expect given the driving conditions. Never had any more than 300 miles from a tank usual is about 240-250 :(.

maggi112":1wibxns8 said:
I managed 300 to a tank. Once. Usual is about 240 or less if I rag it :lol:
I was only getting 200-220 miles out of the 'wingo. Spend all it's time either in heavy traffic or being driven like my pubes were on fire

Now an average of 7.6 l/km (I have been driving a little aggressive lately, I can get it to 6)

If I drive calm I can get about 550 km out of one tank.

Got down to the last bar (red) and it started flashing straight away.

I had done 317 miles
Total average over the tank to full again 42.3mpg

I cant drive much steadier so I've though bugger it, might as well enjoy the driving and get a couple less mpg.

JMR":39glsg1g said:
I had done 317 miles
Total average over the tank to full again 42.3mpg

I cant drive much steadier so I've though bugger it, might as well enjoy the driving and get a couple less mpg.

That's the spirit! I get 310 ish miles out of a tank (puts the red flasher on and I get scared and run for a fill up!!) and that was with two front tyres pointing in different directions!

JMR":3vp8aix6 said:
First tank - 34.6mpg.
Second tank - 42.3mpg

Third tank - 35mpg again, although I was giving it a bit of stick every now and again.

Well, after my last fill, which i didnt top off right to the brim, I ended up playing petrol roulette. :lol:
I got in the car, and the fuel guage said I'd got 1/4 tank. But the problem with the LED guage is that you dont know whether youve got a full 1/4, or only just a 1/4.

I thought I'd risk it and get cracking to my first appointment, a 26mile drive away. I'll fill up when I get there I thought. :)
Half way there "BING", and I plunged into the red on the fuel guage, flashing at me as if to remind me how naughty I'd been. :x
So of course, the ar5e started nipping a bit ;) and I kept my fingers crossed that I would make it, knowing that there were NO fuel stations along the route until I got into town.

Managed to get to the garage forecourt on vapour. :eek:
Never been so keen to fill up to the brim.
Left the nozzle in until it clicked off, and I've read about this, but it didnt, until I got wet feet. :roll:

Q. How much does the tank hold
A. 40 litres

Q. How much fuel did I put in? :?:

A. 40.5 litres :shock: :shock: :shock:

Must have been really really low on the old juice. Will try not to do that again. ;)

when i collected twingo from the dealer and went straight to the gas station, i managed to put in 41,11L (to the first click of the pistol) :mrgreen: they probably gave it to me only with fumes in the tank, heh

TripleJay":2v3pxx41 said:
when i collected twingo from the dealer and went straight to the gas station, i managed to put in 41,11L (to the first click of the pistol) :mrgreen: they probably gave it to me only with fumes in the tank, heh

Thats alarming!!! :eek:

When I took mine for a test drive it was already on flashing red on the fuel guage.
I thought, for a decent drive out when buying a £10k car, I'm gonna need more fuel than that.

So he went back inside and fetched his fuel card and stuck £10 in. :)

Dazza1":1jtjg854 said:
So far ive done 80 miles and the first bar hasn't gone yet :)

Nice.

Ive just used all the first half of the tank and got 210miles
Be nice to get 350 before I fill again.

I'll blame this weeks remaining half tank on the new BMC I fitted. :twisted: