Suspension Lower Balljoint Rubbers

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My cars about to hit 40k and will be out of warranty in August. Renault looked at the car today and have taken pics to go to Ruk as mine are pretty gone. They said it should be a warranty job but after August the new parts won't be under warranty so they are going to check with Ruk that if I make a small contribution to the parts (roughly 10%) I can have 12 months warranty on the parts.

maggi112":354q8fr6 said:
You should get a warranty on the parts anyway...?

How I understood it anyway
well there phoning me next week so I'll see what they say then

I thought it was normal to get a waranty from the time you payed for the product (car). So parts replaces FOC under waranty/goodwill would only be waranted untill the original date. If however you payed for the parts then they should have their own waranty period which could be longer than that of the car

Warranty for all models registered prior to 1st September 2011":2cmy5wj2 said:
Duration
- All parts and labour services supplied under the Warranty are guaranteed under the terms of the Warranty until it expires
irrespective of when during the Warranty period any parts and/or labour services are supplied (for example, if a spare part
is supplied free of charge under the Warranty in the 22nd month of the Warranty period, it will only be covered under the
Warranty until the expiry of the Warranty in the 24th month, or if the UK Dealer Network Warranty applies, the 36th month
or 60,000 miles† whichever comes first).
† 100,000 miles - Laguna, Espace, Koleos, Trafic, Master & Kangoo

Ownership of Parts replaced
- In return for the replacement parts fitted by RENAULT under the Warranty, the part(s) replaced within the scope of the
Warranty rightfully become the property of RENAULT and the part(s) may be retained by the Dealer.

https://www.renault.co.uk/ownerservices/warranties/warranty.aspx

I have just had my N/S lower balljoint replaced for free by Ruk even though the warranty expired in April. Cant fault them for that.

guys those wh have had it replaced for free - can i have you number plates please? im currently trying to get this Ruk as well and need some 'you did it for x,y,z's car' ammo!

Cheers

Mat

Ask them to speak to hayley ward who I dealt with as they gave me 'this is a one off' chat when mine went in.

Renault uk can't seem to piece together common faults

Update, just had a bit of back and forth with my local renault dealer and they have spoke to Ruk, being fixed under warranty (unless thats not the issue in which case its going to be v.expensie) on friday even though the car is out of warranty. My warranty expired in september last year so good result.

cheers

Mat

lemat1":2hwfvf1g said:
Update, just had a bit of back and forth with my local renault dealer and they have spoke to Ruk, being fixed under warranty (unless thats not the issue in which case its going to be v.expensie) on friday even though the car is out of warranty. My warranty expired in september last year so good result.

cheers

Mat
That's getting done rather quickly considering I'm waiting for the parts as apparently "there in short supply." Funny that really if it's not a common problem but the parts are in short supply.

Friedchicken91":2fdx9c4e said:
lemat1":2fdx9c4e said:

cheers

Mat
That's getting done rather quickly considering I'm waiting for the parts as apparently "there in short supply." Funny that really if it's not a common problem but the parts are in short supply.

I was pretty supplied, i was costing up getting it done at a local garage as it would be north of £500 to get it done at the main dealer, the wisbones are nearly £200 a pop!

£548.30 from Renault under warranty

1f495296-1ebc-0c35.jpg

Can't find the invoice.

Funny, the health check shows my brake pads have more left than the last time they were checked when it went in, and the tyre tread is far greater than it physically is and the tyres are noted as 195s... Which they're not.

I think I must have got lucky with mine then, I phoned them once just to see whether they would do it free even though the car is out of warranty (didn't expect them too) and within 10 mins they agreed to replace them for free!! I did speak to the manager though. She was really helpful.

Also they are doing my cam casing oil leak for free aswell this week :)

Ohhh and RUK paid for my computer to be reset back to factory settings as it failed on emissions.

Wow just thinking about all that stuff sounds pricey, they must be on a loss with my car now haha :)