RS monitor subsequently installed!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,

I try to use my bad English.

You need the RS Monitor with the part no. 280 347 874 R.

Old display removing and installing new display.

The renault dealer must programing the RS Monitor.

My experience a lot of dealer are too stupid for this .

There is only 1 problem, the clock is flashing. otherwise everything is ok.

You can not set the clock.

Is anyone managed to make it work completly ? i mean with the clock working?

Thx for the quick reply.

So just to be 100% clear on everything. You DO NOT need the bluetooth radio?

Also when I ask renault to program it, do I do this before I install it or after. And when I ask them to program it, what am I actually technically asking (saying) so they will understand what I am asking them to do?

Sorry to be a pain. Thx

Might not be the case mate. Can someone answer the following questions?

1 - I have the standard radio can I install the RS monitor without changing the radio?
2 - What do renault need to do to it?
3 - how much all in is this likely to cost?

Thankyou!

Ok so these are the basic steps when connected to Renault CLIP system:

1. select the 653 ECU (multimedia ecu)
2. go into programming mode (upper right icon with some tools on it)
3. select "write configuration" on the left side menu ( second icon from the top under the home )
4. Select CF001 from the menu on the right and re-calibrate the newly installed RS Monitor
5. After doing that you can re-configure the language of the screen and thats about it.

I now have a problem... Where do I set the clock? :D As there are no buttons on the screen itself, I have no idea where to set the clock right.

And another thing... The radio works, but it doesn't show up on the new screen. Any ideas?

Right ok, when you clip test my car test the multimedia control unit isn't available! Is this part of the new display?

For the CLOCK issue! Maybe you just need to change that control stick (for bluetooth) by the wheel and there sre some more buttons for bluetooth radio .. I think there is the point how to change the "clock" on RS display ...
It costs arround 15€ I think ..
RS Monitor in Slovenia costs 170€

Hi ive just brought a twingo 133 yesterday its a 60 plate its has no display just a little display on the crappy radio is it possible to retro fit a standard display or rs monitor, ive read most of this post and im a little confused

I think that all 133 have display.. (only difference is that you have normal display , other is display that you get with bluetooth radio-graphic display , and newer rs display, that has more functions)

Today i got RS monitor fitted :D steps as UrbanD mentioned above. My dealer thought (and me as well) it is not working, just Renault Sport sign luminating on the display but nothing else. I left disappointed, but then on the way home i was playing with steering column remote controler and pushed together source buttons and wuff, its working now, heh...

08042013142..jpg
08042013143..jpg
08042013144..jpg
And i removed oem head unit as well. Clip is showing a fault now about radio, but nothing wrong otherwise... Except that clock blicking and not being able to set, but i dont care since aj have clock on the new head unit...

dempsej":viwcpeij said:
Would You mind showing us Your stalk controls, OEM headunit and previous display?

maggi112":viwcpeij said:
Is yours a cup?

under his avatar":viwcpeij said:
Car: Twingo 133 RS with Cup chasiss

;)

Can't see that info on tapatalk hence I asked ;)

I thought someone else fitted it to a cup? It's a long read on a phone!

maggi112":1xrtvy25 said:
dempsej":1xrtvy25 said:
Would You mind showing us Your stalk controls, OEM headunit and previous display?

maggi112":1xrtvy25 said:
Is yours a cup?

under his avatar":1xrtvy25 said:
Car: Twingo 133 RS with Cup chasiss

;)

Can't see that info on tapatalk hence I asked ;)

I thought someone else fitted it to a cup? It's a long read on a phone!

If it can be done to a cup I'm certainly interested!!

Yeah I know and I'd get it done to both cars at the same time if it were possible. I've had a look and can't see the post that made me think someone had cracked it on a cup now :(