RS monitor subsequently installed!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, Ive got a Cup on a 10 plate, the area where the monitor goes is just a small shelf, does this mean I would not be able to fit the the monitor?

Cheers

checked with my dealer today and just FYI rs display is 168,- € inc. VAT in Slovakia... To be honest i still do not get why i need bluetooth head unit :oops:

Although it is cool that you managed to fit the RS monitor i mean what purpose does it really give apart from oil temp? Bit of a gimmick same as on the clio.

Ollie133cup":ux4k4dmw said:
Although it is cool that you managed to fit the RS monitor i mean what purpose does it really give apart from oil temp? Bit of a gimmick same as on the clio.

cooling temp, so you know when you can put your heating into full power ;]
I was hoping this will add fuel consumption figures, but it does not in twingo (why Renault, why?!)
I've overcome this problem with android (also iPhone) app Torque and bluetooth (wifi for apple) ELM OBDII adapter. Works pretty well :)

i believe it should be possible to fit even board computer functions in, since new AFTA Twingo electrics are the same as past 2010 Twingo, or am i wrong?

dempsej":3vnsvmrl said:
I was hoping this will add fuel consumption figures, but it does not in twingo (why Renault, why?!)

it doesn't give fuel consumtion figures? I'm out then. watertemp is also displayed by scangauge...

decbolton":2s497t48 said:
i dont get why it cant be made to show mpg figures though?

I wonder if it's the same part as in Clio & Megane, AFAIR there is MPG in these two. If it is, then it's down to software, CLIP setting maybe.

...or You can get Clio one :)

Twingogeekeo - can u check if it is the same part number for Twingo, Clio and Megane please?
Also if they look the same? It should by in Dialogys somewhere ;]

has anyone else installed it?
on my TCE october 2010 I've got the radio w/ Bluetooth, it should work shouldn't it?
to activate it I need CAN CLIP, which version?

the monitor which I have is this one:
file.php

it's not the same one as the RS monitor?

Hello,

Sorry, my english is very bad, i'm French people.

I tried to understand, but I have trouble.
I want short answers if possible, for me understand as possible.

I have a Twingo RS end of 2009, with this type of screen : https://www.renault.fr/central/media/---nouvelle-iv/Twingo_phase_2/equipement/att00329020/00025473h__575x392.jpg

And i have no radio bluetooth.

Is possible install the RS monitor ? Yes/No ?
If so, apart from the screen to buy, what should I buy more?
I understand the need to program via software for the rs monitor, or can we do?

Sorry for you repeat, and thank you very much.

There's a guy on a German forum who's currently in the proces of installing the RS monitor in his Twingo without Bluetooth package.

Besides that, I've sent Renault Netherland an e-mail with the question if installing the RS monitor would work in my car. I'm hoping for a serious answer but I'm doubting it to be honest. Aftersales isn't Renaults' strength.. :?

Maybe some of you lot can send similar messages to Renault UK?