RS monitor subsequently installed!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought one 2, any1 had success in a dini?

i have OBDII cables from my peugeot, normally all OBD are the same so i am wondering that if i download CLIP i could install myself...

got the display through the post Friday, still got to take it to renault to be configured. Tried pluging it in but as expected nothing lite up and every thing was blank. So just got to book it in at some point soon... ;-)

right, a quick update.

i installed the RS monitor myself and bought a clip system.
i've read loads of stuff about it and the biggest problems are the installation of CLIP on the computer. only XP or Win7 ULTIMATE 32bit and NOTHING else!
worked on it for about 6hours and i managed to install the CLIP on a MAC computer with a VM (virtual machine) running win7 ultimate 32bit.

V127 doesn't install properly and crashes at 2%. you can fix that by first installing V117 completely and update it with the V127.
DINGDINGDING, everything works :geek:

when activated in your car, push the radio on and you will see renault sport.
want the RS monitor? push the 2 buttons on steering column (phone & source) at same time.

Wrong clock?
just push the HU right bottom on settings and just edit the time. easy.

Questions? shoot :D

Well done! Im just going to get renault to sort this part of it. Just havent got to the point yet because its having a service at the end of the month so i will do it then. :)

markhardy":mo8y20m0 said:
Did you get this done Luke?
Car had the service and i had first weekend driving it, was ace.
Unfortunately the guy who qualified to use the clip system was off typicaly.
But im hopefully going back to the garage after work somewhen. Got to be soon because the only sound track i have at the moment is the engine!

Typical :lol:
Glad it was fun to drive!
Have you done away with your radio then?

Sorry for kicking up this thread, but eeh.. I'm a bit confused now, does it only work in the RS (which is stated on the German forum) and not in the GT? Something that sounds a bit odd to me, since I've got this radio, which should be the right one. And besides that, I read something in this topic about ESP sensors, is ESP required to get this working?

if your radio has bluetooth you should be fine, if not forget about it :D

within a week i have to be in Woudrichem, if you want you can test my rs monitor?

Yeah, that would be great. Is it possible to test it without activating it via Clip? :p

Mine's got bluetooth btw. :)

Edit:Not sure when you're in Woudrichem btw, but I'm a couple of days off to Amsterdam for work.. :p

i don't live in NL, i am from belgium but i have to pick up some megane RS wheels in woudrichem :)
if the display lits up the monitor should work after enableing it with clip

i got asked yesterday if i managed to get the rs monitor installed. i did after i went back to yeovil Renault, as last time the clip qualified technician wasn't there. i gave him the instructions posted on here and it took him about 30 minutes. he said quite of data had to be reset to complete it. but it was straight forward enough. i knew straight away it worked because the "Renault sport" came straight up when i turned the ignition on. all works well and have found no problems. haven't tried a 0-62 time yet but i will post one eventually. its interesting watching the oil temp from normal road to motorways, normaly hangs around 100oc but if your going 80 for a while it soon rises to 120oc hope this is normal :?

to install it first you need Bluetooth on your car, dont know the exact technical reasons why.

once you got the right display 280347874R i bought it from here its gone down in price £10 https://www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk/renault/renault-280347874r-afficheur-multime/

next you need to remove the center console plastic on the dash, just carefully clips off. then your find 2
star shape screws holding the display and bracket down take them out and keep safe. its now loose take the wiring clip off by unclipping it its now free to take out. to take the display out of its harness your need some screw drivers to pries it carefully out. you need octopus hands! hopefully it should push out and you can put the new one in its place and put it all back together. the new display wont work and wont light up now until its reprogrammed, the technician followed these steps

1. select the 653 ECU (multimedia ecu)
2. go into programming mode (upper right icon with some tools on it)
3. select "write configuration" on the left side menu ( second icon from the top under the home )
4. Select CF001 from the menu on the right and re-calibrate the newly installed RS Monitor
5. turn radio OFF in de ECU365
6. After doing that you can re-configure the language of the screen and thats about it.

after that you should now have "renault sport" on the display when you turn the ignition on... hopefully!
it cost me £20 at the garage to get it reprogrammed as i didn't want to risk it on the clip system, i don't know how it works.

to operate it on your steering controls there are two arrows on top press them both at the same time for about 3 seconds and you should get a disclaimer thing on the display! just "ok" it with the right arrow. now you are on to rs monitor :D press the arrows left and right to switch fuctions. only thing ive noticed is you cant switch music sections on the scrolling button whilst in rs monitor. but you can switch music on you cd player controls still.

good luck

Attachments

• 20130825_125331.jpg
    20130825_125331.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 13,089
  • 20130825_125513.jpg
    20130825_125513.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 13,089
  • 20130825_125756.jpg
    20130825_125756.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 13,089
in the steps for the clip there is one step missing.
turn radio OFF in de ECU365
shouldf be between 4-5 :)