FCS hotel - Derby Pride Park Travel lodge

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

singlespeed

Reaction score
Edit:- Booking info for the hotel and who's going
https://www2.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/rooms_rates.php?hotel_id=402&from=list
Following the link first time, theres no date or direct booking link. Use the 'search and book' tab
Derby Pride Park Travel lodge
Saturday 16th June

So, find 16th June which is the Saturday... Checkin from 3pm and all meet up ready for a chat, food, beer... ready for convoy on Sunday morning.

Booked so far:-
maggi112 (James) + Caz-133cup (Carrie)
Miniwinkface (Rachel) + Twingogeekeo (Karl)
Singlespeed (Neil)
Friedchicken91 (chicken) + gf
Decbolton(dec) + michael (dad)
HigtonA (Andrew)
Gareth (Gareth )
Sam (Sam)
JamesGT (James)
Mike_Robo (Mike & Dan)

===========================================================================================

Original post below but were not going here ;)
With a date and venue now confirmed for Sunday 17th June, at Donington Park.

Last years FCS meetup on the Saturday, for a beer and food worked rather well and overnight stay made for an easy convoy to the circuit. It looks like theres guys heading up the M42 from Oxford direction on the day of the show... but that isn't going to be convenient for many of us so how about getting in here?

https://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/ASHBRE/ashby-de-la-zouch

7.3 miles from Doningtom Park and currently
£56 room rate for the saturday night

Google map of Ashby Premier Inn

Thoughts below please ;)

Unless you guys are focused on staying around the a42 why not try the premier inn at loughborough. It only takes a few minutes to get to/from donington from there, and they've got rooms for £29. (just checked and they have them at that price on the right date)

Also, I'd you're heading back to the a42 from there, there's some great fun bits along the a512 in an rs :)

I not be in the hotel. 15 minute drive for me :)

Don't mind where we stay, cheaper the better though.

DrDrew":1nd1j4id said:
Unless you guys are focused on staying around the a42 why not try the premier inn at loughborough. It only takes a few minutes to get to/from donington from there, and they've got rooms for £29. (just checked and they have them at that price on the right date)

Also, I'd you're heading back to the a42 from there, there's some great fun bits along the a512 in an rs :)

On the same flexible booking, Loughborough is also £56 for the room... the 'Premier Saver' rate of £29.00 per night would be non refundable if you cancel. Also, theres only a small carpark for the Loughborough hotel with their main parking areas being normal NCP owned.

The £29 discounted rate for Loughboroug isn't guaranteed to still be on when people actualy commit to booking

stay in derby, 1 junction of the m1 away, plenty of travelodges, premier inns, holiday express' then i can take u all out on the town, show u how us midlanders do it :D

Daveyb133":2towd2ox said:
stay in derby, 1 junction of the m1 away, plenty of travelodges, premier inns, holiday express' then i can take u all out on the town, show u how us midlanders do it :D

I only go in mosh at derby ;)

Ill be in a hotel just need to work out which one we will all be in

Twingogeekeo":3t1hlrn7 said:
whats parking like?
Apparently a few spaces on their grounds but mainly the NCP multi storey across the road :(

Not ideal for meeting up, whereas the Ashby Premier inn looks better

Twingogeekeo":nlc77u97 said:
Id rather stay somewhere i can park on site
The Ashby one has a decent size parking area (Map link in first post), Macy D's close by for brekky and is just off the 42 which the Oxford guys will be coming up.

As the £29 promotion for Loughborough may not be on when we start booking and if it is, any cancelations would mean loosing the booking fee, in which case, Ashby is same price for the flexible booking anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.