madmatt's Jap Style Twingo - New Wheel Colour

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmatt

Reaction score
I'm so JDM, I've got this thread to prove it...
Sorry Ben, couldn't resist

Hi All,

I've been talking about it for a while so figured I might as well pull my finger out and get some pics in :)

I've always loved the Japanese Car scene and (even though the Twingo is obviously NOT Japanese) I've decided to style and mod my car to reflect this :D

I have a feeling this will get on your nerves and attract all the usual "Jap Crap" comments but to hell with it!
Modifying is an expression of your personality, so each to their own!

ANYWAYS!

Some of the first things I did to my car were:

Fitting a different horn!
TwinToneHorn.jpg

I believe this horn's off a Laguna (not sure what age) but it had basically the same connection as the original horn (see below) but both horns are considerably bigger and is twin tone, oposed to the crappy single tone horn (shockingly, a LOW tone: highest pitched "LOW" tone I've ever heard).
OldHorn.jpg

The connector on the new horn was upside down when compared to the Twingo's, so I hot knifed a locating lug off the connector on the new horn and fitted it.
It's definetly better sounding than the Original!

Next up was removing the OE Airbox, Resonator and Breather feed.
I replaced the OE Airbox with a HKS Super Powerflow 200mm Mushroom Filter, Silicone hoses and an aluminium straight pipe with breather take off (pics tomorrow).

As I removed the breather feed from the OE Pipe, I decided to fit a Catch Tank as a bit of engine bay tartery and for a nice bit of Jap metal :)
I found a lovely polished aluminium Cusco Catch tank, perfect for the job :D
CatchTankCloseUp.jpg

CatchTank.jpg

It was a fairly comprehensive kit with brackets and one of the hoses and 2 Jubilee Clamps.
I just put a straight link section in the OE Breather pipe from the back of the block and attached it to the Clear Hose you can see. The reinforced hose goes back to the Induction kit :)

Next up was a TRS Orange Towing Strap
Image008-1.jpg

(the marks on the bumper are just bugs, not stone chips :p)
This was actually more of a PIG to mount than I first hoped.
I had to drill through the front cross support to bolt a high tensile steel bolt through.
I then had to cut out part of the plastic support structure of the bumper to clear the strap and then pull it through.

I've also fitted HKS badges front and back (pictures tomorrow)

M

If you come to the scottish meet i will look at your car more, looks nice mate :)

Induction Kit :D

Image014.jpg

Image010.jpg

It certainly turns heads :D Deep Throaty Growl coming up to 3k. Roar 3+. Louder Roar + Suction Noise 5+. Get a good kick from it too, certainly feels like it's livened it up a bit :D

Front End as it is now.
Image015.jpg

The Catch tank came with the Silver Cusco sticker that's on the underside of my bonnet, I'm not one for plastering my car in all my Manufactures stickers :roll:

That's the front HKS Badge in the bottom right of the grill.
Image009.jpg

The paint's started to chip quite badly so I think it will be spruced up pretty soon.

Also, the badge on the back.
Image017.jpg

work of advice (great looking bay), change your catch tanks tubing from clear to Red sili. reason, you'll see it in about 2 months and think...my god was i really dumping all that back in the engine

Did think about it intently for a while, even with Anodised Red Finishers...
Possibly later Once I decide to have a tidy up and re route the lines that are in it now.

weebob":1d1pm57o said:
That orb things looks like something out of 60's scifi
HA! It reminds me of the Dome roof on Frankenfurter's Castle in the Rocky Horror Picture show :p

James, something a bit different is what I was going for :D

I'm liking the mods mate, to be honest they're not so Jap that they look out of place on the Twingo.

Liking the engine bling and tow strap (although think I'd prefer grey or black). The only thing I'm not sure on is that mushroom air filter. It just looks like it would be restrictive even though they use two of these for the twin turbo Jap cars.