Wind GT (Stage 2+) | New Wheels

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up some center rings for putting on the new OZ's and tomorrow, finally I'm going to put them on my car.. can't wait.. so excited!!!11

tumblr_lfca8jJard1qfi0ijo1_400.gif

Tell me about it.. drove it once and they're not so bright white anymore :p

Yea they look really good, if I may so so myself, gives it that rally look I was aiming for.

Dazza1":36b58kt9 said:
Lovin them alloys mate. U put that dumpvalve on yet
No not yet, I have to work the first 3 days of the week until 18h and the post office closses at 17h30, should get it on Thursday!

Araf, I like alot more than the original ones.. I'm still gonna use those for winter tires but I think I'm gonna respray them entirely in black due to very unlucky curb damage.

I've contacted several other buisness that tune cars (mostly alloys, tires and suspension) to ask if they can get coilovers for my cars but no reply so far.

Been sending emails back and forward with Bilstein but they're not really helpfull so thats why I've been contacting other buisnesses.

Seems rather tricky for a car like mine to find a coilover kit..

Meanwhile, dazza's dumpvalve is waiting for me at home.

MovingShadow":1dprgcwv said:
I've contacted several other buisness that tune cars (mostly alloys, tires and suspension) to ask if they can get coilovers for my cars but no reply so far.

Been sending emails back and forward with Bilstein but they're not really helpfull so thats why I've been contacting other buisnesses.

Seems rather tricky for a car like mine to find a coilover kit..

Meanwhile, dazza's dumpvalve is waiting for me at home.

As the underpinnings are the same as the Clio 2 and the Twingo, I wouldn't mind betting that the suspension would be similar. You could try checking the part numbers for the two standard parts, to see if they match.

Thats what I said, part number is 47-087750

but Bilstein replied..

"You sure it will fit? Because if it wont, you wont get a refund."

Thats actually means, "we don't want to find out for you so screw yourself"

I fitted the dump valve from Dazza and can I say "holy shit this is a head turner" LOL

It's already a 'flashy' car but damn.
Honestly I'm not sure I'll keep it on forever because I like tuning the car but modest and not 'chavy' as you english call it. But a friend of mine drove my car and he says its awesome and wants it for his car as well.

Also, I've only heard it once on a car here in Belgium so quite rare to hear/see.

I feel like Fast & Furious now, I'm only missing neon lights..

So I went to W&D styling. Stopped by his house (yes his own house) at night. He does this in his spare time. Has a huge ass garage loaded with tires, suspension springs, coilovers & rims.

After some research we found it has the same coilovers as the Twingo.

So for adjustable in height coilovers kits installed and everything
KW 960€
Weitec 840€
AP 820€

Probaly going for Weitec.
Told me Weitec coilovers are exactly the same as KW (except color)
Why they're more expensive? He asked the manufacturers before himself but no real answer.

Also, so Dazza's dumpvalve has been placed to me likings.

The venting was a little bit too frequent, even when letting go of the trottle so we took it apart and fitted the hardest spring (it had the softest spring fitted) and now it doesn't vent anymore that easily, even when driving high speeds (highway).

It only vents when you really trash it. Just the way I want it.

When putting the Audi back to standard, the 7 year 55k miles old original dampers and springs were in much better condition than the Weitec coilovers which had done 20k in two years.

singlespeed":fzvg97nt said:
When putting the Audi back to standard, the 7 year 55k miles old original dampers and springs were in much better condition than the Weitec coilovers which had done 20k in two years.
what kind of Audi did you have?

2003 A3 (8L) 1.9 TDI 130 sport (165bhp)
Full powerflex front end, Weitec Hicon TX with 30mm drop. KW 25mm front and rear ARBs
Porsche caliper 325mm front upgrade with Pagid RS-14 pads. Rear 284mm upgrade with Pagid RS-4 pads.
Miltek full exhaust with decat and recirculation blanked off.