Wind GT (Stage 2+) | New Wheels

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got a hold on that Eibach dealer for the lowering suspension.

It's about 170€ with placement for 20mm lowering.

Hopefully within the next few weeks I'll get them.

Spacers should also be placed then.. I hope.

MovingShadow":ts3rstpu said:
Finally got a hold on that Eibach dealer for the lowering suspension.

It's about 170€ with placement for 20mm lowering.

Hopefully within the next few weeks I'll get them.

Spacers should also be placed then.. I hope.

Just going for springs and not dampers?

This was rather an unexpected progress mod but eventually it's a big upgrade from the standard lights.

f9tZFl.jpg

MovingShadow":2q8isvhz said:
Yes.. is that a problem for the original dampers?

Generally, the lowered springs shorten the available throw in the damper, so the damper has to work harder as it's on constant compression compared to it's design.

The damper life will shorten compared to the standard life with springs, but it's nothing to be too worried about.

madmatt":5jcxsvjl said:
MovingShadow":5jcxsvjl said:

Generally, the lowered springs shorten the available throw in the damper, so the damper has to work harder as it's on constant compression compared to it's design.

The damper life will shorten compared to the standard life with springs, but it's nothing to be too worried about.
I see, well the spacers are coming soon but I told to wait the springs. I have second hand rims with winter tires on right now (they cost me 300€) but they're 15" which is actually a little too small because I already scrapped the bottom of my car when driving from a parking spot that was on the sidewalk, onto the street. So lowering them now even more is a bad idea..

Thats also why (in another topic) I was looking for another set of 17" rims so in the future I got a set of 17" for winter and summer tires.

MovingShadow":3gm1faug said:
madmatt":3gm1faug said:
MovingShadow":3gm1faug said:

I see, well the spacers are coming soon but I told to wait the springs. I have second hand rims with winter tires on right now (they cost me 300€) but they're 15" which is actually a little too small because I already scrapped the bottom of my car when driving from a parking spot that was on the sidewalk, onto the street. So lowering them now even more is a bad idea..

Thats also why (in another topic) I was looking for another set of 17" rims so in the future I got a set of 17" for winter and summer tires.
195/55/15 would be taller than the original spec 195/40/17... Infact it's the same height as 205/40/17 which is a common replacement for the RS133, but a fraction of the cost and a good choice of quality brands ;)

Now that I got new summer tires (Superturismo WRC) I'm panning on spraying the grey fronts next to the airvents white so it matches the wheels.

jx0Fc.jpg

Also recently painted the brakes blue but now I'm considering of re-doing them to white or red.

As I said, so it has been done! LED foglights and painted the front details snow glossy white. This required the entire nose to be removed and it was a ***** to get those details detached from the nose. I wanna stab the guy at Renault who decided to use glue around the clips, in the eye!
For the foglights to work, we had to cut the wires and attach the yellow wires to black and vice versa to change to polaristation.

Oh and it was freezing all day with an average of -10 in an underground garage. Considering they recommend you to spray at temperatures of 10°C, we used a couple of hairdryers to keep everything warm and have alot of patience.

2 stupid little details but this took us from 14h until 21h and alot of coffee to keep us warm.

But this is the result:
(I can't wait to put the white superturismo WRC alloys on.. deliciousness!!)

Ilq9f.jpg

Had a little chat at work here with someone from R&D department (Toyota) that works at suspension.

Told him about Eibach suspension & spacers and he warned me about a few things.

Suspension (springs only) maybe but the spacers a big "NO-NO". He said, if you want to prance at meetings for looks than yes but if you like some nice performance results, than no.

If you want real good results he told me to get dampers with the suspension and not lowering it more than 40 mm so now I'm looking at Bilsteins dampers with Eibach suspension and ditch the spacers. Considering finding aftermarket parts for my type of car is already a pain in the ass, I don't have my hopes up too high.

Going for a drink with my dad tonight and I'll start the negotiations (he's paying for it)

Why don't you buy second hand Cup suspension I'm sure there'll be loads around and it'll be OEM.....

If you're not taking it on track there's no point in wasting £££££ on suspension you won't fully use....

MovingShadow":2jtk6wav said:
Suspension (springs only) maybe but the spacers a big "NO-NO". He said, if you want to prance at meetings for looks than yes but if you like some nice performance results, than no.
What reasons or was it just his opinion?

singlespeed":2lt3eoee said:
MovingShadow":2lt3eoee said:

Using spacers with short springs reduces the travel. If you don't have sufficient travel, then you'll ruin the handling when it bottoms out (which it will do a lot more frequently).

Araf":x96xb477 said:
singlespeed":x96xb477 said:
MovingShadow":x96xb477 said:

Using spacers with short springs reduces the travel. If you don't have sufficient travel, then you'll ruin the handling when it bottoms out (which it will do a lot more frequently).

I think M'S' was talking about wheel spacers, to widen the track.

Mr_Ben":28a8s9hx said:
Why don't you buy second hand Cup suspension I'm sure there'll be loads around and it'll be OEM.....

If you're not taking it on track there's no point in wasting £££££ on suspension you won't fully use....

I know they're expensive but I'll see first what my dad can do. A good friend of his works at the official dealer in Belgium of Eibach & Bilstein. If he
can get a good deal for them, he'll arrange it. (the suspension is a gift my dad promised me if I came to my end of the bargain, which I did)

singlespeed":28a8s9hx said:
Araf":28a8s9hx said:
singlespeed":28a8s9hx said:
MovingShadow":28a8s9hx said:

Explanation was rather technical but he said something about, it messes up your ET values, undercarriage and the ride in total.
Suggestion was that if you wanted to go wide, take rims that are wider.

singlespeed":1k82o6n3 said:
Araf":1k82o6n3 said:
singlespeed":1k82o6n3 said:
MovingShadow":1k82o6n3 said:

Sorry, I mis-read. My experience is that a wider track ruins turn in and overly stresses the wheel bearings. You can get away with about 5mm, but more than this will start to affect your spring rates. Wheel spacers should only be used to correct an offset.

March 21ste I've got an appointement with Skytune to do the rest of the exhaust (the line between the final damper and cat).

I asked to do everything but because the cat is standing straight up on top of the manifold, it's not possible.

Kinda dissapointed me.