300mm discs conversion

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did look at Renault two pots before but I'm sure they were for 26/28mm think discs? at least the mk1/2 was. Have to look into the newer versions.
Main issue for the twingo is the carrier.
The older 2 pot system is based on Lucas where as the modern ones use ATE system. I don't think you can swap systems with carriers as the carriers are totally different.
Fords ATE 60mm is the only one that will directly bolt onto the carrier with the correct spacing for 24mm thick discs

You could swap carriers to the Clio and install the 2 pots with 280mm discs.
Id like to go for the 60mm pots but increasing the torque length without effecting the fluids/cylinder by using bigger calipers may be the way to go for myself

Very interesting read. Pissed myself reason about the common error of installing aggressive racepads.
Looks like the idea of add 60mm pots my not be needed with the 300mm discs.
Would be interesting to run 270mm rears with the twingo's smaller 34mm pots then the usual 38mm for that disc size.
Would also explain a slight increase in stopping distance, with spec 2 tyres on the fronts with increased rotor and stock pads, cheap budget tyres on the rear :/