300mm discs conversion

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Reaction score
Afternoon all .

read on here about zee german's using 300mm scenic discs and Caliper Slider Brackets to keep current calipers on.

i've found the part codes and prices from Ktec is ordering directly from Renault.

7701209199 - £75.21+VAT (£90.25 inc VAT) per side
410600756R - £49.48+VAT (£59.38 inc VAT)
7701207897 - £70.40+VAT (£84.48 inc VAT) per disc

and shopping around i've found the discs cheaper
https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/391614/renault/ebc-standard-front-brake-discs/d1430.html (pair)

and brackets off ebay for cheaper, roughly £40 a side. only problem is i've seen off sellers there is 3 filament sizes, 1,2 and 3.
All can see on the german forum is mention of T2 but not sure if this is referring to this issue nor did ktec mention about 3 different types.
Just wondering if any ones come across this or attempted???

and further down the line standard parts would be replaced for the likes of high carbon and d2500 pads etc.

Sounds awesome, let us know if you manage to dig anything else! I would be interested as I'll need to change the discs by the end of the Summer! How complicated would the bracket job be?

mwalsh - in this case, i wouldn't worry about going with genuine renault discs. the expense isn't worth the extra money. get onto ebay or eurocarparts etc to look at the prices for OE quality discs they'll be cheaper and save you some more money. renault valeo disc's aren't any better than your cheapy eurocarparts discs lol take my word on that! if you're talking brembo's then fair enough :p

I idea, just going on rough details I've seen here, other forums and find part prices. Saw the brackets cheap on eBay but lists different slider versions... Whilst from Renault part dealers there's just the one slider variant..
Cheapest I've seen the parts without resorting to eBay is £267 . All oem equivalents

I've looks at ebc, got price for discs and pads, just finding out the caliper brackets :(
I've found high carbon discs and d2500 pads for afterwards, but trying to get it cheap as an experiment.

cool man, if you were closer to glasgow i'd have got you the parts through renault with my trade discount but no doubt the postage cost would come close to offsetting that discount !

Aberdeen based :) but sometimes get charged highland prices :(
I'm down Ktec on the 26th, if I can get the parts for 200 quid I'll give it a shot, if not the brembo discs are going on and budget for oil cooler is gone

I've ordered on caliper slider/bracket. Will have to Jack the car up and see if it aligns well then purchase the rest of the kit

Making the choice to go with brembo high carbon discs, found oem ones for £70 or ebc ones for £103 , brembos are £108 so might as well. Ds2500 pads are about £20 more then 133 but will stick to oem.
I've double checked all the German translations, should be just a carrier swap, New pads and stock calipers back in, brake lines should be clear.
Main reasons for the change is heat. Specially as 3 of us will be using the car one after the other on track days, it'll take much more of a beating.

right, parts pretty much ordered .

Scenic Carriers 7701209199 x2 ordered of ebay £40 and £35 for both
I've done some searching to find out brand new ones can be had for £73 from online Renault part dealers compared to getting it directly from Renault at £90.
Renparts just sent me an email saing they sell the carriers along with the calipers for £15, just bin the calipers and use the better stock ones.
They've also told me, so that are currently being listed on ebay as slider variants 1-3 is incorrect, there is only one.

i've ordered Ferodo-FDB1865 pads, still cheaper then OEM, EBC, Brembo etc and are a direct OEM replacement for £36 quid of amazon, ordered the fastest delivery option which was about £7.

Discs have just been place now via NextDayBrakes for £103, these are high carbon ones.
https://www.nextdaybrakes.com/info-part-finder?make=Renault&model=Scenic&Car.x=20&Car.y=26&Car=Find+Parts&engine=2.0000&year=2005&search=Part+Number

hope this helps out, again a re-fresh on the german forum where this site pointed it out to me
https://www.twingotuningforum.de/thread-30372.html

mwalsh":aqldm5lv said:
right, parts pretty much ordered .

Scenic Carriers 7701209199 x2 ordered of ebay £40 and £35 for both
I've done some searching to find out brand new ones can be had for £73 from online Renault part dealers compared to getting it directly from Renault at £90.
Renparts just sent me an email saing they sell the carriers along with the calipers for £15, just bin the calipers and use the better stock ones.
They've also told me, so that are currently being listed on ebay as slider variants 1-3 is incorrect, there is only one.

i've ordered Ferodo-FDB1865 pads, still cheaper then OEM, EBC, Brembo etc and are a direct OEM replacement for £36 quid of amazon, ordered the fastest delivery option which was about £7.

Discs have just been place now via NextDayBrakes for £103, these are high carbon ones.
https://www.nextdaybrakes.com/info-part-finder?make=Renault&model=Scenic&Car.x=20&Car.y=26&Car=Find+Parts&engine=2.0000&year=2005&search=Part+Number

hope this helps out, again a re-fresh on the german forum where this site pointed it out to me
https://www.twingotuningforum.de/thread-30372.html

um check with us on Brembo's in future - on our site for £80.37 inc vat
https://www.kamracing.co.uk/brembo-brake-discs-09-9895-10.html

Was that for 4 bolt 300mm scenic discs? Description didn't say much.
I was purely looking at large oem disc sites and it came up .
Are those high carbon ones too?

yeah was exactly the same 300mm brembo disc that you linked to for the scenic.. would have to look up if that shape is high carbon, but all that does is give quieter braking it doesn't add to the performance or durability according to Brembo..

Coolies, good to know. I did a genetic search through your site and couldn't locate them.
But if it works, it can be moved to the twingo brake section :)
Brembo are charging a fortune for quite HC 133 .

If your able to get child of the carriers you could be onto a good package :)

Do you also do the Laguna 300mm? That has a slightly greater offset

Are you also able to see if DS2500s do exist of the part no. Listed above? Have had mixed searched results due to different calipers being used on the range and disc sizes

mwalsh":3bqinuso said:
Coolies, good to know. I did a genetic search through your site and couldn't locate them.
But if it works, it can be moved to the twingo brake section :)
Brembo are charging a fortune for quite HC 133 .

if you ever can't find an application on our site just put the part number in the search box and it will usually come up..

the reason for this is we can bulk upload part numbers with their prices but linking these to car applications is all done manually and as we want to include as much information about the car and the products as possible it takes a long time with a small team..

mwalsh":fs57km39 said:
If your able to get child of the carriers you could be onto a good package :)

Do you also do the Laguna 300mm? That has a slightly greater offset

Are you also able to see if DS2500s do exist of the part no. Listed above? Have had mixed searched results due to different calipers being used on the range and disc sizes

that the 300x26 from the laguna 2?
https://www.kamracing.co.uk/brembo-brake-discs-09-9074-10.html
they are £71.75..

FDB1865 doesn't seem to show in the ferodo catalogue that looking at. are you sure its the correct part number - seems to be in the naming format for their bike pads..

I believe those are the ones.

I used the Renault part number online and it came up with a few. hopefully it's the right one, if not I've got some brake pads spare lol.
Getting Ktec to test fit the old twingo pads as well, but would be nice to find the large sized ones in a good compound.

Just checked, the Ferodo-FDB1865 pads cover ren part no.
410600756R