133 UNDERPOWERED

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't imagine Renault doing much for free, except point at the exhaust ( and filter if it's still on) or maybe reload the map.

I would definately consider the panel filter setup over k an n.

I remember having my old vtr and having a cheapo open induction kit and it was obviously slower straight away. Ive always had panels after that or stupidly expensive bmc cda kits.

I've read an article that Ghostz linked me about a Clio 172 that used several air induction kits vs OEM with test on the road and dyno.

In the end, the stock airbox with a panel filter gave the best results.

If a car manufacterer puts effort on a sports model, it's not going to get improved by a cheap induction kit.

This. So many tuners have told me this.

The exception was the vtr which had a purposefully restrictive filter and exhaust setup so it didnt tread on the vts toes too much. Isnt it a similar case with the old fiesta ST?

I still think 50 odd quid for a small panel is bonkers which os why i'll be waitinf for my standard one to need changing before i take the plunge.

Man im a cheapskate these days. Didnt think twice about spending 280 quid on a cda for my old saxo lol

thanks for all the comments.
But is it likely that fuel, induction and taking the silencer could account for around 12 bhp ??
its booked in at renault for a check, it will have the standard air intake back on for that and i will just have to see what they say :)

msjm6747":3886na3q said:
But is it likely that fuel, induction and taking the silencer could account for around 12 bhp ??
its booked in at renault for a check, it will have the standard air intake back on for that and i will just have to see what they say :)

Renault will say that because you haven't kept it standard and you removed a silencer it's your fault, and if they do anything they'd reflash it, charge a lot and this will mean you wasted time and money on a remap.

You honestly are better bringing it to RS tuning or K tec as they will be more help than Renault.

Have a look on here for charity rolling road. There where two 133s on it with the graphs on there. You can compare :)

Mine was 130.6 I think

Yeah proper. Max power looks in totally the wrong place. Looks like the engine runs out of puff

I thought i was looking at it wrong but maybe not?

For an engine that supposed to peak at high revs it must be being strangled by its induction setup maybe?

Or....the map is krap.

It looks odd because they have different scales for torque and power and the traces over run after max revs.

It still doesn't say if its compensated flywheel power or not?

Btw Martin all that shit about n/a needing back pressure is a load of bull.. You need the right sized exhaust diameter to create a pressure so it flows most optimum... I.e you have a little flow of water In a big space the water is going to trickle slowly if you add more to the flow you will hit an optimum flow rate to the size if a pipe then once over the optimum rate your going to create a back pressure which is bad ....

msjm6747":3gyof9mv said:
i highly doubt the silencer chop is effecting the performance in my eyes it looks like a bad map and k&n Apollo is making it lose bhp :)

Pulling hot air through a small filter will cripple it. Tesco had that problem ruining o2 sensors a few years back, they're the most aggressive about going further afield to get better prices. All I know is my car didn't like the tank I put in, to the point I've got a 5p/litre voucher (so it'd be 8-9p cheaper than v-power) and I'm just not chancing it. Thinking bout it, that's around the time the dash lights started up, and they've trickled away with a tank of the good stuff - Id put it down to old oil but hmm.

BikNorton":3cpe55ea said:
Pulling hot air through a small filter will cripple it. Tesco had that problem ruining o2 sensors a few years back, they're the most aggressive about going further afield to get better prices. All I know is my car didn't like the tank I put in, to the point I've got a 5p/litre voucher (so it'd be 8-9p cheaper than v-power) and I'm just not chancing it. Thinking bout it, that's around the time the dash lights started up, and they've trickled away with a tank of the good stuff - Id put it down to old oil but hmm.
Thats interesting, where abouts in the country are you? Wonder if it varies in quality across the country?!

Both my 1.2tce and my mates 200 are always run on tesco momentum 99 from the same place and neither of us have encountered any problems as of yet. (touch wood)

benmc":2o0pkm5q said:
Btw Martin all that s**t about n/a needing back pressure is a load of bull.. You need the right sized exhaust diameter to create a pressure so it flows most optimum... I.e you have a little flow of water In a big space the water is going to trickle slowly if you add more to the flow you will hit an optimum flow rate to the size if a pipe then once over the optimum rate your going to create a back pressure which is bad ....

So true