133 UNDERPOWERED

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msjm6747

Reaction score
Does anyone know what sort of figures there rs is running standard or just with cat back ???
had mine dynoed last thirsday and came out at 118 BHP !!!!
had it mapped and got it up to 119, but will get a bit more as the ecu adapts to the map, i did get 10 ft/pounds of torque and the car is better to drive now.

Just still concerns me how underpowered it is.
anyone else had this problem ??

Was that a custom map, or just a generic map?

Paper filter or replacement panel?

Supermarket grade fuel or premium quality?

Recently serviced?

I'm not going to mention the things that can give different readings on different rollers or even the same rollers on a different day

it was a generic map,
i have a k and n apollo induction kit fitted
and a ktec cat back 2.5" bore system fitted with the front silencer replaced with straight through pipe.
run on momentum 98 octane fuel
serviced last october

the rolling road it was done on was about a month old and freshly collabarated

i understand that some car are a little bit underpowered, but 10% seems a bit high

Try ditching the Apollo K&N kit and try again with the OEM airbox and/or a replacement panel filter inside.

Not saying all air filters are bad some make your car sound more evil but actually make you lose some horsepower.

Book figures are 133PS so 130bhp.

Although not all cars make the book figure, its more of a renault twingo 120-133.

Where did you get it remapped? Sounds like a bad mapper IMO as all others who mapped their 133 never had a bad result like that, if you want it looking at by an expert I'd suggest Paul at RS tuning.

i got it remapped at place with good reviews , it was volks world in louth.
im having the car looked at by renault and will be putting the oem air induction kit back on for that.
i dont think the induction will have made it lose much and i would have imagined the exhaust would of added a bit.

im going to see what renault say, it shouldnt be as low as it is

10% swing on a dyno 'can be normal'. With my RS197 I have had 204bhp out of one dyno and 190bhp out of another.

How did the car feel before you got the print out?

i dont really have anything to compare it too, i did notice it was dead even with a c2 vts which is meant to be less power and weigh a bit more ,
after the map it feels better, but i guess i could try getting another dyno done to see how they compare.

msjm6747":2ng40ls9 said:
i dont really have anything to compare it too, i did notice it was dead even with a c2 vts which is meant to be less power and weigh a bit more ,
after the map it feels better, but i guess i could try getting another dyno done to see how they compare.

Dead even with a c2 ? Jesus... my GT wipes the floor with my friends VTS

JE_GT":3355jhcg said:
msjm6747":3355jhcg said:

Dead even with a c2 ? Jesus... my GT wipes the floor with my friends VTS
exactly my point, i could of got a GT spent the money i hasve spent on my RS and have a quicker car, something isn't right

msjm6747":zox154t4 said:
i dont think the induction will have made it lose much and i would have imagined the exhaust would of added a bit.
Does it have a heatshield or is the cone open in the engine bay? Because if it's open, that's probably your problem.

Saying that I put a tank of Tesco Momentum 99 (they don't do a 98 do they?) in and the car ran noticeably "wrong"ly and drank it even quicker than it does V-Power - it was worse than putting 95RON in. So it could be that too.

Does the Apollo flow enough unresticted air for high revs? With the BMC 70/130 which had a fairly small cone filter inside it, I noticed the low and mid range was good as its a free flowing element but top end wasn't a great improvement.

If you saw 10% gain in mid range torque, yours may be the simillar

msjm6747":3ubmau4k said:
it was a generic map,
i have a k and n apollo induction kit fitted
and a ktec cat back 2.5" bore system fitted with the front silencer replaced with straight through pipe.
run on momentum 98 octane fuel
serviced last october

the rolling road it was done on was about a month old and freshly collabarated

i understand that some car are a little bit underpowered, but 10% seems a bit high

put it back full stock , clean the engine (heavy use with good gazoline) , change filter , change oil , try again

Ported Inlets, custom induction and a map saw me around 152@fly but I'm taking it more around the 140 area

benmc":i50dgrjn said:
Ported Inlets, custom induction and a map saw me around 152@fly but I'm taking it more around the 140 area

Made me realise is this 119bhp at the WHEELS? if so you won't get 133 at the wheels and the 119 at the wheels sounds about right.

waitey":c3qrspi9 said:
benmc":c3qrspi9 said:

Made me realise is this 119bhp at the WHEELS? if so you won't get 133 at the wheels and the 119 at the wheels sounds about right.
This, if it's at the wheels sounds roughly on the level

id recon the K&N wont be doing it any favours, the standard airbox with a panel filter flows enough air for 200hp on a clio 172/182 so isn't a weak point.

straight through exhaust with no silencer might not be helping matters either, too little back pressure.

as said above if that's at the wheels then no problems.

no point taking It to Renault to check out they will just charge you a fortune and find no faults.

I think driving it using the full rev range helps too.

My mate has a slightly modded saxo vts and my 133 is standard yet in a chance meeting yesterday my car was able to pull away from his car which is quicker on paper no corners involved either!

Was it evo that dyno' d a 200 and it came back with 201bhp when most aren't near that?

(evo thrashed that car lol)

the 119 on the dyno was at the fly not the wheels,
im gonna get rid of the k and n and go back to the panel filter set up ,
i assumed that taking the silencer out would help as it would help et the gases out quicker, my mate has a 106 gti and has had breathing mods and the exshaust is as free flowing as it can be with only the back box on and it made a huge difference its really quick,

i will try changing what fuel i use as well and see what that does.
when it goes to renault im not paying for anything, ive made a complaint to them about it being underpowered and they are just looking at it