Wind GT (Stage 2+) | New Wheels

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MovingShadow

Reaction score
Didn't want to post this in the progress thread since the description says for Twingo's only.

So here it was brand sparkling new, 1.2 TCe Exception:

2B2n5l.jpg

0zDoFl.jpg

Then I remapped it:

zCJy9l.jpg

TXutNl.jpg

Debagged it & added decals with DC/Monster stickers (at the rear wheels and under the side indicators) + replaced most bulbs with LED's in the interior as well as the exterior.

gb4NCl.jpg

n4AhSl.jpg

Fitted a BMC airfilter:

N7PJNl.jpg

Skytune Exhaust installed:

VXlKIl.jpg

44qPcl.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYn7lIsgyz8 (can't get it embeded)

Added Renault Sport shifter:

lHQKJl.jpg

Next thing on the list is Eibach Pro-kit and Pro-spacers to make those huge wheel arches a little more full.

Dazza1":r8dh3ak3 said:
Looks smart mate. What's the bhp after the remap? Did u have cold start issues with it?
to be exact 127 bhp & 190 Nm

Not sure what a cold start issue is other then winter morning trying to start your car.

also somewhere in that timeline I also placed the 2 chrome shelves on the top of the booth. They give a real nice look to the back of the car.

Great looking car that mate and some good changes too.

I must admit, as much as this type of car should be a bit girly I'd love to have one! :)

[youtube]pYn7lIsgyz8[/youtube]

there you go mate,

car looks and sounds great!!

Thx guys

It might have a little of a 'hairdresser-style' type of car, I admit but I couldn't help myself from not buying it.

The way it handles, big booth, roadster, the sporty engine with the whisteling turbo.

The changes what I've been doing or trying to do is showing you can make a cool little car of it.

I don't care what it does for me masculinity... I'm just gonna come out with it. I love your car :lol:

The wheels are growing on me but I'm not a fan of a diamond cut/polished finish on wheels. Other than that... Spot on! Just needs lowering. Would the coilovers ollie has sorted fit a wind? I would imagine it would make the car!

I'm a fan of the wind - and I think yours looks pretty awesome :)

I've looked at coiloves from KW: https://www.kw-suspension.com/us/kw_product_range.php

but they're so expensive though that I'd rather go with springs only. On top of that the only official Eibach importer in Belgium is mayer.be and I have some connections there that offer to give me a price cut on the pro-kit and pro-spacers.

On the pictures you fortunatly don't see the curb damage but when my (ugly) winter tires get on I'll go let them get fixed.

AlunJ":2d7fj86b said:
Nice car, other than the underpinnings do these share any common parts with the twingo?
The engine is the same, the 1.2 as well as the 1.6
Chassis is from the Clio RS MKII (correct me if I'm wrong)
Interior shares a few things the same like the radio/CD and some few buttons too + my floor carpets are from a Twingo (they were free so I'm not complaining) :p

I love the Wind! I think it's pretty impressive that Renault achieved to make a nice CC based on the Twingo, that's 'only' 100 kg heavier then the Twingo. And when the roof is down, you still have a usable boot space! I think it's a winner!
your car is looking really good mate! And you gained some good power with the updates already!

Thx! I could do some weight reduction by throwing out te gigantic spare wheel and repair kit thats in the booth of the car, that atleast 50 kilo's less :D

Besides I think I already did some weight reduction on the exhaust. when they guy at the Skytune removed the standard exhaust I was amazed how big that was & heavy when I picked it up.
The new sports exhaust takes half of the room were the old one was.

From the Renault website. 1.2 GT Line 100 on the left, 1.6 GT Line 133 on the right

swwNU.png

Today I went to get some spray cans with blue paint in a hardware store (29€ for 2 cans)

Going to color the brakes with that color so it matches the same blue detail thats in the headlights.

I'm eager to try it out and see the result.

Also received the blue tow ring that I ordered on Ebay but I need to bring it to a wellding shop to be able to fit it to my car.

Wintertires on and nice flashy color to the brakes:

q5p4El.jpg

Placed also a new license plate holder that looks clean (old one had some website link on it from Renault retail).