New Renaultsport 133 Announced at Frankfurt

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al

Reaction score
New Twingo Renaultsport 133, which will make its world premiere at Frankfurt, is presented in its signature Liquid Yellow body colour. In addition to its dynamic grille incorporating four lights, New Twingo Renaultsport 133 features an F1-style front blade in the bumper. This design touch, which can now be found across the Renaultsport range, is a tribute to Renault’s success in Formula 1. The rear wheel arches, including air vents that reinforce the car’s sporty character, house a distinctive new 16-inch Renaultsport wheel design. Customers can personalise the exterior with a design pack which sees the F1 splitter, door mirror housings and Renaultsport spoiler all finished in anthracite.

Inside, the yellow stitching used for the steering wheel and seats is in perfect harmony with the hallmark colour of the brand and other Renaultsport models. The rev-counter housing are finished in Gloss Black. A new white interior tone has also been introduced, and is used for the upper part of the steering wheel, for the vertical stripes on the sport seats and for the rev-counter bezel. The optional Renaultsport Monitor onboard telemetry system which has proved so popular on Clio Renaultsport 200 and Mégane Renaultsport can also be ordered as an option

Prices and full specifications will be announced later in the year with orders due to open in Q2 2012

Front.jpg

Rear.jpg

Interior.jpg

No mention on whether it will actually be available in LY or the fact that the wheels are downsized in that design. Maybe a Cup 'pack' will put them back up to 17s.

Essentially it's no different (so far announced) to the 133 other than an exterior facelift and some different colours inside. No power change unlike the 197 --> 200

Good point Al. Though you might get a bit more rim protection with the 16's - and keep the awesome design - It would be nice to still have the 17's on

The interior is a much needed improvement but what the hell are they doing with these lights and bumpers!? I was hoping the RS model would differ and be a lot nicer but that's not the case :(

Do like the F1 blade though... it looks great on the other models and despite being surrounded by a huge gay bumper, it looks great on the Twingo, too.

Matt, don't forget the interior is no different other than colour. It's almost identical to the Gordini and these press photos will show the best one available; I doubt this will be standard as it looks a lot like leather seats in that shot....

Unless I'm mistaken on the fittings - they also appear to have made the rear bumper incompatible with the diffuser. More re-design needed there

Al":st93ptqa said:
Matt, don't forget the interior is no different other than colour. It's almost identical to the Gordini and these press photos will show the best one available; I doubt this will be standard as it looks a lot like leather seats in that shot....

They have made a few little alterations - like the speedo cover being leather covered (am aware of the higher spec version, but it's not like that in the 'dini is it?) and the little gloss/coloured coverings to the vents & stereo surround.

DrDrew":7kw4fm7i said:
Al":7kw4fm7i said:

They have made a few little alterations - like the speedo cover being leather covered (am aware of the higher spec version, but it's not like that in the 'dini is it?) and the little gloss/coloured coverings to the vents & stereo surround.

Aren't they all in the Gordini? Which if you think about it makes the Gordini less special now :S

Al":30x40s2v said:
That is very true, it's essentially the 'dini interior in white and black and you're right about them using the best spec for press releases so looks like the one decent thing about them isn't so decent after all...

In the video posted on RS forums, they've got the vents etc in gloss black and the speedo covered on a non-rs version - so who knows?!

[youtube]WBgmQqLpeKw[/youtube]

vy6nx.png

I don't remember these being glossed on the 'dini?
oWr1n.png

Those bit's where glossed in the Gordini's I've seen; but these where only RS press cars so I have no idea if the gloss made it to private vehicles.

Just been confirmed; the seats in those photos are NOT leather so hopefully they are as seen. (Plus maybe some PS ;) )

Al":bivvbetn said:
Just been confirmed; the seats in those photos are NOT leather so hopefully they are as seen. (Plus maybe some PS ;) )

Just saw that. They look pretty awesome like that

DrDrew":25ylpvn6 said:
Al":25ylpvn6 said:

Indeed, if mine had seats like that I'd have thought a good while before pulling mine out. Shame about the no Recaro option but it makes sense keeping the model class divided between it and the Clio.

Al":1h0y2vbq said:
DrDrew":1h0y2vbq said:
Al":1h0y2vbq said:

Indeed, if mine had seats like that I'd have thought a good while before pulling mine out. Shame about the no Recaro option but it makes sense keeping the model class divided between it and the Clio.

Your other question has been answered too. 16" wheels for the non-cupped, 17" for the cupped

^ I'm not normally outspoken about disliking RS as it normally takes time to appreciate it but those wheels are simply horrible and do not suit the car one bit in either size, design or colour.

I've fired off some other questions on RS I want answered, most importantly the LY question....

Like that even less to be honest... non-sport 'dini above has NO flare to it, doesn't look mean/manly in the slightest :(