Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suspensions, wheels, brake adjuster, LCD display, new windows all fitted to the car before Tuesday night (with re assembly of the front with cooling system and all). Exhaust to be adjusted and airbox to be selected and fitted also on Tuesday.

Mapping on Wednesday, and hopefully I'll track it on Thursday!

image.png

this will be you after you leave all the other renault boys for dead around the ring, nice pun too! ;)

Me too :)

Sadly, the car won't be ready in time for this weekend, they've ran into a few issues and had to work on their other customers cars, so they got delayed. I'm going to the Ring from Thursday until Sunday and will probably spend Friday / Saturday at the workshop to help finish it as much as possible.

I'm now in contact with Raeder Motorsport, Manthey Racing and Frikadelli Racing to find a dyno and do some test runs afterwards to set up the new ECU (apparently in the video it was running with the Twingo ECU!).

Hopefully I can come home with it at the end of the weekend, but I doubt it.

In the meantime, the Lexan windows arrived :

10178002_10204093687916040_2188183126064611762_n.jpg

10271519_10204093686556006_8310327596992507214_n.jpg

10255014_10204093686796012_4144493883688890053_n.jpg

Good to see it was working with the twingo ecu. Can never remember we're I saw it, but was a comment about the 200 and 133 ecu being almost the same.

Actually they are apparently quite different, and even though it was running, the idle was awful, the fuel consumption would have been through the roof, the VVC couldn't be setup properly, etc etc.

I'll go see the car on Friday to see how much of the work has been done, and I'll snap some photos. Most of the mechanical work will be carried out still by Kirfel in Adenau, but as we struggle to find someone who can program the ECU, we will have Skynam (the company producing the Sybele ECUs) putting remotely by internet a base map to start the engine, and then I'll trail the car back home in France to leave it in the hands of a guru from Renault who knows absolutely everything about Sybeles and who will make me a perfect mapping :)

In the meantime, had some fun sketching next year's paintjob :)

TRS+new+paint.jpg

Anthony that looks awesome! Liquid Yellow?! Anthracite and White? :D

Love the fact you've put the cable ties on the front arch! :D

Friday I went to check the car at the workshop. The F4R is in with all its useful accessories and all its final engine and gearbox mounts. The dogbone mount need a new support tu be welded to the car as it's not at the same position than on the K4M engine.
The left part of the chassis needed a bit of massaging to accomodate the TL4 gearbox, so did the transversal lower bar in the front for the alternator bracket.

The transmission axles apparently fit on the TL4, good surprise as on their Megane powered Twingo (but it's built with a basic 1.2 Twingo), they needed machining.

The GAZ Shocks have been fitted with the AST top mounts. We initially intended to use the R2 mounts but you absolutely need the rollcage for these as they require quite a bit of cutting on the chassis and you need something to stiffen things up after. GAZ will shortly receive my second set of top mounts to "copy" them and change / upgrade a few problems on them and then i'll swap them on the car.

The windows are a direct fit, they only need a black strip of paint all around on their back surface to hide the bodywork where you install them in order to get a clean look. They are super light, like incredibly light! Quite the weight saving!

The 182 exhaust manifold is fitted and the Clio 2 cat currently on just as a test part will be swapped for a sports cat 200 cell.

The Avon ZZR tires are on the OZ wheels, they are so soft you can see your fingerprint on them after removing your hand.

Still we have to get an airbox that fits under the bonnet, prepare the bracket for the Sybele ECU, install the AIM dash, put all the sensors on the engine which lacks a lot in that department, remove the towing assembly, rear wiper, side windows motors, electrical mirrors, etc etc.

Then back to France on a tow truck for roughly a week of mapping done by a french sorcerer who knows all the ins and outs of the Sybele system as well as the Renault cars.

So, 2 weeks of mechanical work, 1 week of programming, then track time!

Yotah that is the most incredible looking paint job I've ever seen. Truly awesome design. This is one exciting project :)

Forza":2da363kv said:
If you're still looking for an airbox:

E313.jpg

Saw one in a Clio, looks the business. Doubt it would fit in the Twingo though :( .

Where did you find this? :)

Ahhh, a few news from the RS! The oil cooler arrives today, all the sensors (apart from the exhaust T°) are on the car, the suspensions have been installed as well as the new tires. The car will get off the lift tomorrow and for the first time in 4 weeks! It still remains to receive the Clio R3 airbox and sport cat and to fit them. The windows will be painted and fitted once the car is on the ground, same goes for the new seat brackets.

Finally got some news from Kirfel on the car. the Gaz Shocks suspensions have been fitted and the ride height adjusted quickly before doing a complete alignment and setup. The new radiators (oil and water) have been fitted, so now the engine bay is complete with all its sensors and everything ready to receive the Sybele Challenger 6 ECU. The front valance of the car will be put back on so they can drop it back on its wheels fro the first time in something like 7 weeks!

Still remaining to be done are the removal of the original glass and mirrors and rear wiper assembly and side motors in the doors, fitment of the new Lexan lightweight windows, removal of the trailer hitch (yeah, daily daily car :D ), and a few bits and bobs here and there.

I will do some of the less important or crucial mods myself later like the bonnet Aerocatch pins, the brakes cooling and ducting setup, re-flocking of the dash, etc etc.

Hi Yotah!!!! How much have you payed for the GAZ? Are they coilovers front and rear? Are they avaible or made to order only for you? Thanks for the info!!! :)

If you look at all the photos, on this post and on the previous page, you'll see that they are full coilovers on all four corners.
They will be available to order soon from GAZ. No idea regarding the MSRP though as I paid for the build and testing of these which are the prototypes, so what i paid is clearly different from what anybody else will pay for the production ones.