New phone

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the windows phones are awesome!! not cheap though. me and my mate at work spent 2 days breaking and fixing them again. they are difficult to break unless u drop it :oops:

Daveyb133":24jdywkn said:
the windows phones are awesome!! not cheap though. me and my mate at work spent 2 days breaking and fixing them again. they are difficult to break unless u drop it :oops:

I'd still be pretty cautious if looking at a windows phone. I know of a few people who had pretty major problems when they went out and got them. (Phone rejecting it's OS serial number, and M$ helpdesk not willing to do anything but say "yeah, that serial number is invalid". And there was M$ bricking all the samsung Win7 phones with their first update!)

Going back to the OP, Al, have you considered the Sony Ericsson phones? they do several different vairants including small variants, and I've been told their particular take on the android OS is pretty good. Chances are they'll have pretty good cameras on them too...

Leanne":313cihnx said:
oh the sony Arc looks pretty good!

My mate's arc broke within one day of having it! That was about a month ago, and he still doesnt have a replacement...

Al if i were you i would get a torch i was using my friends one and it is actually amazing, HTC have a few good phones out but they can be quite big... the Torch is a good all rounder. I have a Bold at the moment and i am thinking of upgrading to a Torch soon.

Thanks for all the help guys.

I think (for once as I never ever do) I need to go to a shop and try out the Torch, Nokia and comparable Sony. The Nokia does intrigue me as I had Nokia's for years and years before I traded in for the Bold.

Last night i was playing with my friends htc desire hd, its a big one, but its a hell of a lot better than an iphone, i think i am nearly converted!!

i managed to get a htc desire hd from orange as an upgrade and after playing with it for awhile i love it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

however the battery life is SHOCKING :evil: :evil:
im lucky if it makes it thro the day :cry: but apparently u can get larger batteries so once iv found one we shall see

Yeah my friend forever has hers plugged in and charging I did comment on it last week and she said the life on it was short!

TOPIC INVADE

im looking at getting new phone and choice is between these

BLACKBERRY TORCH - currently have curve 8900 and really like bbm and also the keypad but lacks interest. touch screen and camara on this seem positive and if its like the curve would last ages.

IPHONE 3GS - i like the fact i can get a load of apps and music all on this instead of having to carry phone and ipod around all the time. just lack it relability.

views please

Nick,

I recently moved from my iPhone 3G to a blackberry Torch.

I will not be looking back/going back to Apple and the iPhone, it is extremely overpriced for what it is. The torch has great features and bbm, everything is just as easy as the iPhone.

Yes the blackberry doesn't have all the apps & games of the iPhone but personally i don't play games and i rarely have time/any interest in loads of apps.

It depends what you're after but for me the torch is great. I see the iPhone more of a fashion statement, i never really played any games/apps (And this is coming from someone who loves apple products).

well to be honest id happily keep my current phone but its my dads contract and well its getting canceled in September as he doesnt need it. so i need to get my own

i never really use the phone just for when i occasionally text or BBM people and the odd phone call to parents. use it more for Facebook and Twitter when im at work though so aslong as they work.

whats the sound system and Camara like on Torch pritch? on the curve they both seem shocking and music just sounds bad on it.

Sound is fine on the torch..just as good as the iphone 3G (i think similar if not the same as the 4 as well)
Camera is good, im very impressed with it, same with video..very impressed.

Facebook and twitter are both great on the Torch, easy to use and flows well. What swayed it for me was that the torch was free on my contract..however on the same contract for an iPhone 4 they wanted £250-300 up front. I know you said about going for the 3GS though.

Also, the new iPhone is likely to be announced on the 6th of 7th June, it will be on sale in september (i think, someone correct me if im wrong). So the prices of the iPhone are likely to come down after that if you do decide you want an iPhone.

yeah going to grab myself the Blackberry Torch due to apple bringing another Iphone out this year meaning 3GS would be worth nothing once id like to sell it.