need your help wizards

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For future reference, just had a quote:

rear shocks 43.22 each inc vat
top mounts (they are 182 top mounts ) £28.80 each

If it turns out to be the shock I'll be ordering the above and doing both sides (might as well fit apex or h&r springs at the same time)

My back 2 dampers look similar to this :( There all cracked. There isn't any noise but they don't look rather healthy

creaking has started from the rear of my car, yet when I've bounced the rear there is none, anyone get anything resolved on there cars ?

markhardy":1fysadoz said:
well I've stumbled on an epically long thread https://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1942&page=14
worn rear suspension bushes.
Which sounds like a possibility as it is coming from the centre of the hub, knocking sounds over bumps on anything but smooth roads. No leaks on the shocks or cracks in the springs. How could I test the rear hub bushes to prove it is them?

this might be long since resolved but you need a crow bar / pry bar, lever it against the rear wheel or onto the bushing and try to get it to move. if you notice movement then the bushings shot, however you should be able to do this by grabbing the rear damper itself and jerking it back and forth from underneath the car (don't go to hard, you don't want it coming off the axle stand, suddenly twingos can become pretty heavy!)