Maggi's Cup

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will get pics in the morning, but...

Got the protractor out this evening and worked out where I wanted the top mounts. For now not that important as she's gonna be tracked but wanted them to at least be the same!

Raised the front to 101mm a side (was meant to be 100 but once I went past it one side I made the other match). Only rubbing on the drivers side when turning in slowly with the weight over that wheel.

No other rubbing I can identify.

Took a saw to the flaps in front of the wheel, some 30mm 3m masking tape to guide me and went for it. No crunching on speedbumps! Result

Overall very very happy. It's soooo much sharper than before.

It rubs on the same place as on my Wind, in my case the passengers side wheel sometimes rubs when you take a U-turn.

DSC05640_zpsead39e30.jpg

DSC05639_zpsa425bf46.jpg
[/URL]

And FINALLY a picture to show the rear lamp and bulbs!

3bca0784-df53-4a74-b11c-3dc2d0e60947_zps456cec34.jpg
[/URL]

Next up, add a few mm on the front drivers side (it's settled very slightly lower and still rubs slightly over bumps/lock with weight) and paint the front calipers black to match the freshly painted rear calipers.

She was cleaned at the weekend with Wolfs nano. Body wrap on the paint, trim sealant on the trim, and glass guard on the glass. And she's nice and clean still :)

Do you use spacers? The wheels seem to be a bit more out then standard, or is that because of the drop?

Drooling all over the BC-coils :thumbup: have to get myself some :| :lol:

Nope. No spacers. 10mm spacers on the back would look good but would definitely rub.

The front would look odd and I imagine handle strangely, and then also rub more perhaps. I like it without tbh! On the road watching her drive past, it looks like they're properly pushed out to the edge anyway, I LOVE how she looks! And sounds

Finally got my obd2 tool and hooked it up with the phone. Seems pretty good.

Logs every trip with a map and notes key facts about that trip. Can also alert you when coolant reaches a certain point.

9yvy6upy.jpg

Decided to raise the front tonight on the drivers side as its catching more often, guess as the springs settle.

12.44mpg? Know it's only 0.6144..mile trip.. but still

Haha I know. That's out but I've not played around yet, the trip I actually saved says 36mpg. It's only that screen that shows otherwise, think its a setting I've changed :p that was stopping and starting going up and down speed bumps though so could be reasonable

a6yse8yz.jpg

Iobd2 as suggested by Davey. Not the cheapest, but it's got good write ups, and was guaranteed to work with my phone. Easy to set up, just set a static IP and tell it the car and away you go. I got it through amazon, which is a little more expensive than direct but I got it quicker than Davey (who is still waiting for his despite ordering sooner).

The app is free and is constantly updated.

Next up, fresh black badges and roof wrap again. Looked so good last time.

gy9evu6y.jpg

maggi112":115wvk30 said:
Decided to raise the front tonight on the drivers side as its catching more often, guess as the springs settle.
Are you sure its not just you hooning around more :eek: Having no rubbery bits in the top mount or spring platforms, any settling should be minimal at best

If the springs have settled then the spring could now be loose between the spring seats when the damper is at full extension. With the suspension at full extension, try rotating the spring within the spring seats. It should be rotatable but snug. If its loose, adjust the upper adjusters to pre-load it again before re-setting the ride height with the lower adjuster.

I checked the spring when I raised her and definitely snug but rotatable as you said. No knocking either ;)

It wasn't as low before though. And when I'm 'hooning' it around its not rubbing. It's at low speeds when manoeuvring on lock that it just catches. But as I said its a few mm lower on the drivers front so will raise it slightly this week coming.

Just did another run and apparently got 6mpg. Which isn't right :lol: it says 45mpg on the combined average on te dash but the trip is far lower. Wonder what I've done :lol:

Just raised the drivers side. Had to add about 5mm to prevent the rubbing against the arch. Haven't raised the passenger side to match so a very slight mismatch of about 3mm side to side for now, but that's tomorrow's job. A quick run has shown I can now move around without rubbing! Woop. Maybe if I got 195s again, I could go lower again.

Still looks epic on the road. And feels amazing to drive. Had Carrie following me this morning and got a little carried away around a few corners and had to slow down as she was being slightly more sensible than I.

Now all I've got to do is send the dash parts off for either covering or flocking (to decide yet) and fix the heater. According to our friend Karl a resistor from Renault will be ~£75. Sod Fixing it myself in other words

Was this pre or post coilovers?!

I scraped it again but I was doing an undisclosed speed down a straight country road with a slight bump. It's a good compromise at the moment.

DSC05644_zps4a48c423.jpg

DSC05645_zps10bc932b.jpg

DSC05647_zpsaf18ad9e.jpg

DSC05648_zps4cd8cc84.jpg

DSC05649_zps96d41de9.jpg

DSC05650_zpsc58680cd.jpg

She looks epic on the road, having made Carrie take her out again :lol:

So my to do list:

New pads (still on the original items nearly 30,000 miles on) and discs.
Black roof wrap as above (Again)
New wheels maybe. (Cup wheels have taken a hammering which I hate as this is the only car I've owned that's gone that way)
Dash parts covered/flocked
Fix heater after today
Re-wire parts of the sounds as I've realised better routes for cables 2 years on

the_notorious_C_A_T":2yvz7bey said:
After the Coilovers being fitted. Tbf though the snow was fairly compacted and pushed all together which made it quits high.

And how does it go with the anti roll bar? I'm very interested after new rubber