Leaking scuttle panel

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you had water leak issues?

• 1. RS133 plugs/coils replaced or actualy corroded due to this.

Votes: 27 46.6%
  • 2. RS133 Water marks around coils/plug recess but not investigated further.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • 3. RS133 with no evidence of water leak

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • 4. 1.2 Throttle body has been replaced due to water damage

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 5. 1.2 with watermarks around throttle body

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • 6. 1.2 with no evidence of water leak

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters
I had mine checked whilst it was in for the lower arms being replaced due to the split balljoint rubbers. That was 12th June at Ness Renault, Inverness

Whilst water is leaking past the center of the scuttle, the coils and plugs currently show no sign of the water having gone down the tube so nothing was replaced. That said, its probably just a mater of time.

When I checked carries I noticed it wasn't leaking and was correctly sealed. Her windscreen had been replaced within a year of the car being new so it seems auto glass know more about it than Renault :lol: her coils look okay and the plan is to remove and inspect this weekend when I change my oil. I doubt Renault will resolve the cause and merely address the symptom

If they fob me off with its a consumable... 19,000 miles and it needs new plugs. And that's reasonable? I think not!

I'm hoping if I put all these together then they will review the situation and in the future it's recognised as a fault. But its frustrating the effort needed to get them to do that

just checked mine (not an RS though) the panel seems fine, no sign of any leaks, although it does look as though its only a matter of time before some gets through.

maggi112":gsy0dnza said:
Can a mod tell me who's voted what please? I'm piecing together who has had issues an will list this to Renault uk to ask they recognise this as a fault
James and myself couldn't. Maybe Karl or Matt can see who has voted (hopefully without resetting the poll results back to zero)

I voted option two as I had the water marks.

As an additional note now, I've just had my 3 year service done, so made it a 36K service to have the spark plugs changed as a precaution and so that the coils etc would be checked. Turns out there's no damage to my coils/plugs (well, on new plugs now too) as yet which is good.

maggi112":4ui72x05 said:
Cheers. I've taken daveys number plate. So that's me Davey neil Karl and Toni who else has needed work because of this?

Dubz on the 1.2

After reading this I went and had a look. I voted #2 as I've yet to look further. I shall do in 2 days time when I'm off of work. (is it simple removing the coils etc?)

Webber

Edit:
My car is due to be looked over Wednesday.
Whilst its in I'll ask the technician to have a look and if anything is to be seen, could they log it. I'll then give you any required information.

Webber

So whilst documenting the issues on my car I had a socket out so looked at tightening the scuttle up. I merely went for the screw in the middle, and surprisingly it seems to have done the trick. Before I did that it was definitely letting a small amount through (as seen In my pics). Perhaps all it needs?

currently mine is sealed up, but james that might be the case, just over time it has loosened which lets in the water, i will keep an eye on mine

Renault have fixed mine but have the stance mine is a one off.

ANYONE WITH THIS ISSUE SHOULD REPORT IT DIRECTLY TO RUK SO THEY RECOGNISE THIS.

Don't just forum rant. Do something constructive. Nice civil conversation explaining and you'll get what you want