Leaking scuttle panel

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you had water leak issues?

• 1. RS133 plugs/coils replaced or actualy corroded due to this.

Votes: 27 46.6%
  • 2. RS133 Water marks around coils/plug recess but not investigated further.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • 3. RS133 with no evidence of water leak

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • 4. 1.2 Throttle body has been replaced due to water damage

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 5. 1.2 with watermarks around throttle body

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • 6. 1.2 with no evidence of water leak

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters
DrDrew":1x06uqz2 said:
Being a bit of a n00b for actual engine components, if for instance only one of your ignition coils had been corroded, would it still be necessary/best to replace all four?
with the spark plugs, it's probably worth while doing the set, even if only one of them is damaged. If you remove plugs, the compresion sealing ring may not seal as well as it should if you re-use them.

The coil packs shouldn't need replacing unless they fail. Water tracks and rusty deposits down the sides or corrosion on the contacts will reduce the power being delivered to the spark plug. So, replacing a single one would be ok (imo), so long as the others were in good condition. However, replacing all 4 on a higher milage car may be good practice.

So no surprises renault uk say this is NOT an issue or design fault of any kind, they are however, going to communicate with the dealership to ensure this is resolved.

Silly question. Those of you with the issue. Have you logged this with Renault uk? Because their response of it being a non issue or design fault leads me to believe no one has!

This happened to mine.

Renault were going to charge me for it. I spoke to RUK and they covered the whole thing, i hadnt had the car long either, was at about 15k miles i think.

Cheers Davey. Do you have logs of who you spoke to? I'm providing as much evidence/info as I can to them so they might actually notice this isn't just mine to help future owners.

maggi112":3schdove said:
Cheers Davey. Do you have logs of who you spoke to? I'm providing as much evidence/info as I can to them so they might actually notice this isn't just mine to help future owners.

I spoke to so many, it was unreal, lost track, it all went with the car. I cant remember off the top of my head

maggi112":1ou6mgts said:
Ok what was your reg so I can get them to look at it? In fact I've linked them this thread and all sorts so hopefully they'll take notice

sent you a message mate, not sure how new owner would be about plate being on here