Central Scotland Meet (Dyno Day??)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nah man that's the road over to helensburgh from balloch. do you know the road that takes you over to coulport / faslane from loch lomond? here is a good video. some ridiculous sections, not for the faint hearted

[youtube]Bg4u8xh3m8k[/youtube]

Supermrtino1":1mym4rkl said:
I presume that's the silverstone I nearly bought test drove it from the renault garage in ralston so I wouldn't think it's coincidence that another silverstone is about that area
It lives next to Barshaw so wouldn't be surprised - think it was a 12 plate

Been from yours up as far as tarbet then turned down towards garelochaed went along that wee back road until I hit Helensburgh

although some sections don't look too daunting, just wait until you get there in person. the camber angles are deadly, it's a steep as hell hill climb regardless of what end we come in from. long straights with off camber twists and blind crescents.

end of june good for everyone? martin will have a new exhaust ... a real oscar special ;)

Twins go":jonc9avo said:
Supermrtino1":jonc9avo said:
I presume that's the silverstone I nearly bought test drove it from the renault garage in ralston so I wouldn't think it's coincidence that another silverstone is about that area
It lives next to Barshaw so wouldn't be surprised - think it was a 12 plate
Aye that's defo it then sure it's got a Y or K in the reg too hadn't even done a 1000 miles when I looked at it last feb

oscar":1wypoa81 said:
although some sections don't look too daunting, just wait until you get there in person. the camber angles are deadly, it's a steep as hell hill climb regardless of what end we come in from. long straights with off camber twists and blind crescents.

end of june good for everyone? martin will have a new exhaust ... a real oscar special ;)

Suits me
Should have the buckets seats by then also :shock:

Aye it's got a private plate on it but had a search and it's a 2012. Before like the 20th would be good :)

I think a Scottish meet before Christmas would be cool! It would also be cool meeting some of you guys, I know there isn't a lot of Scottish folk on here :/

marcushudghton1":2ra5os6z said:
I think a Scottish meet before Christmas would be cool! It would also be cool meeting some of you guys, I know there isn't a lot of Scottish folk on here :/

there are a fair few of us, it's just that we are all dotted around the country and some of the scottish members don't come on here too often (i need to get a life haha). fancy a knockhill meet before christmas? i can get martin along (supermrtino1) and the twins (twins go), can look into seeing if neil would be up for coming down (singlespeed - forum owner, and part time chipendale) and whoever else we can muster!

That would be awesome mate! Would definitely be up for knockhill! I am actually going this Sunday in fact ahah!

flowerpowerdave":vurx0pxf said:
any reasonabley priced motels nearby them great roads?

if you are ever coming up dave just let me know. i live on loch lomond, so you are looking at roads like this
A82_Wallpaper_3.jpg

loads of awesome little b&b's, guesthouses to choose from around my neck of the woods. about 90 miles from knockhill but the drive to knockhill is part of the fun. twisty, mountain roads :D

no daft sheep on the roads then, all over the fooking place in Wales spoiling the good roads, not that i live there, no just loads n loads of speedbump infested roads nr L'pool.

Nah but you have to watch for flooding at the moment! Awesome to fly through the puddles though! I'm about 60 miles from knockhill

marcushudghton1":16groewo said:
Nah but you have to watch for flooding at the moment! Awesome to fly through the puddles though! I'm about 60 miles from knockhill

sweet. i'm probably about the same to be fair, are you confident enough to go on track? perhaps next summer? it would be great to not be the only twingo that tracks at knockhil. fair do's i'm hardly out to whip anything other than a couple of 106's or saxos nothing much esle. twingo wars for jokes lol

133 .VS. GT *star wars music* :p

Probably not until summer dude because I've only had it two days ahahah! I've only been to knockhill a couple of times, back when I had my 1.2 clio ;)