Central Scotland Meet (Dyno Day??)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscar

Reaction score
may 18th. Sunday!

please feel free to throw prospective ideas in here guys if you are from central scotland. my thoughts are to start it in glasgow and have some folk meet

i was thinking that we can all meet at car park in the sky (paisley) so that the glasgowshire folks are happy and then we can drive through to knockhill in fife ( pretty near to kincardine bridge, so not a treck! ).
although dates can be negotiated for various other hot hatch days etc.

the other option would be a dyno day at extreme motorsports or one of the various dyno places throughout central scotland.

we could probably even woe neil himself down from his highland retreat to fly the clubstand banner!

https://motorsport-events.knockhill.com/ford_live_car_trackday.php

other possible dates can be found on the car events page!

discuss .... lol

I organised a meet at North Queensferry to Krispy Kreme last year, with a grand total of 3 Twingos :p so there isn't a lot of Scottish members if I'm honest! I know I don't have a one anymore but I'd be up for it (if I'm allowed ;) )

offcourse you're welcome, as long as you promise not to kane it and leave us all for smoke lol. dates aren't particularly important, but i'd love to see neil get his dini out on track at knockhill to see how she shapes up against the best car ever ever ever ever made, even though most cliosport.net members haven't owned one for several years. the clio 1*2 :p

not many replies anyway so it will probably fall on its backside. scottish folk eh?

That's it mate haha, think even the folk who attended mine last year (madmatt and scott133) aren't even that active on here now. They might not even have their Twingos anymore for all I know lol

i think i seen matt (can't be sure of it though) at knockhill in november / december, i seen a red twingo with JDM stickers on the back window but there was nobody in it as i drove past and then it vannished a few hours later but that's fair enough. there is tinos red 133 in cumbernauld of which i'm currently in the process of repairing lol but he doesn't post on here much. theres also james and ollie from up north and one from edinburgh who's turbo just blew recently called doug. could possibly get some of the cs.net sorry should i say 1*2 boys along as well as some other french marques such as 207oc / french uk for some sort of 'french' dyno day with an aim at getting french performance magazine on board for coverage. although for that, i'd probably require neils help as i cannot find any form of contact point for the magazine. i sent a message to them on here a year ago and it's still in the outbox lol

im game for a dyno day at extreme! that's where my last car was RR so id be happy to go again for a better comparison! plus its reasonably central for most id imagine

id be game for one later in year i.e autum when car is sorted again!

We'd be up for a wee meet like late summer or something - so much to do to the car first!

Supermrtino1":3a1zhiov said:
You know I would come Davie as long as its not when I'm on holiday end of may start of June

lets arrange something properly for the end of june martin mate!

Twins go - you guys down for a little twingo133.net meet? epic drive around loch lomond and the hills ... martin's got the balls to red line it with me around loch lomond....to the speed limit, and not any faster!. we'll go over the best road in scotland from loch lomond right over to coulport naval base

basically if you miss judge this road, you're quite literally going to end up 6 foot under ;)

anyone else around the central area is welcome. the summer weather should be good, and it's silly not to get some picture opportunities. i can bring some pug 207 boys along as well :D

Twins go":3397tqyv said:
Aye Defos up for it just let us know when you decide on a date

you asking me out on a date chaps? .... we'll sort something out soon, we need this weather to start to get a little bit more reliable so we do

I would be up for it, depending on dates and if I am allowed out to play by the mrs, will need to work up some brownie points!

01jones":1p3820ur said:
I would be up for it, depending on dates and if I am allowed out to play by the mrs, will need to work up some brownie points!

get her telt mate! twingo > hoorz lol. just kidding man :) that's good, you're more than welcome. there seems to be a few more glasgowshire folks popping up recently. however i've seen tons of twingo 133's and GT's that aren't on this forum :p you know .... the sorts that have a life lol ;) *sighh*

oscar":6qmyvfuu said:
01jones":6qmyvfuu said:

get her telt mate! twingo > hoorz lol. just kidding man :) that's good, you're more than welcome. there seems to be a few more glasgowshire folks popping up recently. however i've seen tons of twingo 133's and GT's that aren't on this forum :p you know .... the sorts that have a life lol ;) *sighh*

the sorts that have a what? will need to look into that one day ^.^

oscar":3sw26s3n said:
however i've seen tons of twingo 133's and GT's that aren't on this forum :p
On that note we spotted a Silverstone in Paisley the other day - needs to get involved!

stick a little note on his windshield if you see him again ? usually what i do lol

Aye Davie let's get this sorted you forgot to add that I had the balls to redline it around the corners!
I presume that's the silverstone I nearly bought test drove it from the renault garage in ralston so I wouldn't think it's coincidence that another silverstone is about that area

going nowhere near the redline when my tyres are as baldy as stone cold steve austin :D hang on for dear life on a straight though. will be good to finally get my ad08's on for summer time

Haha that time the roads were slightly damp I'll give you that! Was dry up loch lomand last time tho! Roads are quite straight tho :D