Write up: Oxford meet

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pritchp

Reaction score
Evening all,

Well what a meet that was, it greatly exceeded my expectations and it was awesome to put some faces to names.

Arriving at the oxford services and sitting on my own waiting for others to turn up i wondered how many would actually turn out and how many would drop out at the last minute. O how wrong i was! 13 cars strong, for a car that is quite rare it was a stunning turn out.

12 O'clock came and went and the majority or people had arrived and we were all a chat/getting to know each other. We were waiting for the gaffer (Karl) and Matt/Elle (Not sure how it is spelt) to arrive, funny how the top guy can't even turn up on time to his own meet eh? (only joking :p )

Anyway, after everyone had turned up we headed off to the photo location. Seeing so many twingos on the road at once was a sign to beheld and by the faces of some of the people in other cars going by they seemed to think so too!

As well pulled into the abandoned petrol station there was something oddly eery about it, especially due to its American history and the pump displaying prices in US dollars. When we first pulled it everything worked smoothly and we all neatly parked up and it looked great. Emerging from our cars it was alot colder here than it was at the services but we donned our jackets and got on with it. Josh set to work fitting and sorting HID kits and other goodies for people and the rest of us stood around having a chat/looking at each others cars.

After a while it was time to sort the cars for some "artistic" pictures...but from the length of time it took to organise i think we can safely sat it was more autistic than artistic. After what seemed forever we had managed to park in some sort of display and i have to admit, it did look rather good. There was only one issue, the middle of the picture would mean standing on a pole to get a good shot and there was no chance with that. There was some swift thinking by some of the guys there and the bin was dragged across. Karl (after worrying about falling off) climbed abroad and then..well...slipped straight back off, it was then we realised that we would have to hold the lid from sliding. Anyway, second time lucky and he was up and snapping away.

Someone then suggested lining them all up and getting another set of pictures. After another lengthy period of moving the cars about/thoughtful processes of how to park and what to line up with we were still no closer to getting all of us in the picture and the white twingo owners decided they were going to be a team of whites and how their own picture...... (o dear) ... after we had sorted this all of our cars were finally lined up (just about) and once again Karl (or should we call him mobile toys-r-us due to his in-car friends :p ) climbed aboard the bin and was handed camera after camera for the perfect shot.

It was then time to go so we all jumped into the warmth of our cars and headed home.

I think you will all agree it was a great meet with a great location and great people.

I have probably missed alot out so please add your own inserts :)

Nice write up mate sums it up well. Worthy of PFC mag maybe????

fantasttic meet and some nice people!!

was a bit busy fitting the bits so i didnt get to know every one enough! the joys hey....

but like you said man tart..... great day!

hattonperformance":1da25dmg said:
fantasttic meet and some nice people!!

was a bit busy fitting the bits so i didnt get to know every one enough! the joys hey....

but like you said man tart..... great day!

love you too

thats why i followed you home ;)

Nice write up, sums the day up very well!

As above, very nice to meet everyone just a shame I didn't get to introduce myself properly!

So, when and where is the next one? Bigger and better I hope?!

Matt":377xxn91 said:

As above, very nice to meet everyone just a shame I didn't get to introduce myself properly!

Think we need to start planning the next one :)

Twingogeekeo":2xrvxqam said:
Matt":2xrvxqam said:

Think we need to start planning the next one :)

Gotta be Easter time imho, so the GT can come out from under the tea cosy.

Good idea but this time i think it shouldnt be in oxford and another location to make it fair on all members travel long distances also might get some members from different locations along :)

Twingogeekeo":3bo1qqnq said:
Good idea but this time i think it shouldnt be in oxford and another location to make it fair on all members travel long distances also might get some members from different locations along :)

Yeah, Oxford is pretty central for everyone I guess thats why we chose it for the meet yesterday :)

Matt":3bo1qqnq said:
Pub meet is good idea :)

Definitely sounds like a plan :)

Finally got round to getting on the forum since Sunday! Was a really good meet, me and the bird had a right time, thanks guys. Was nice to eventually meet some of you and put names to faces, you are all a real sound bunch.

All in all it was certainly worth the 390 mile round trip!

Look forward to the next one, where ever that may be! I say further up north ;) come to my back yard and I’ll show you some proper driving roads! :D

Howard

P.S enjoying the photos, some real beauties!

was thinking the same mate, get them up here and show them how us "northerners" do it, we will have to meet up and go for a blast at some point because i work in sheffield so not to far at all to u.

390 miles is hardcore, thats proper dedication!!

Daveyb133":1dks46y7 said:
was thinking the same mate, get them up here and show them how us "northerners" do it, we will have to meet up and go for a blast at some point because i work in sheffield so not to far at all to u.

Ill be in sheffield in April my dads from up there so going up to see family :lol:

Daveyb133":2k9u7ldk said:

I think oxford is north enough!! anything north of bristol is for me the "north" i vote for Lands End hehe hehe but deffo pub meet, mmmm greasy food..