USB connection

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_notorious_C_A_T

Reaction score
Land of the free, home of the brave. Westhill
Looking to be able to play music from a usb stick as my previous head units have all been able to do it.

I have a silverstone and I was thinking of a tunepoint but unfortunately it's not compatible with my head unit according to Karl, so that's not an option.

Is there any other options? As I would prefer to keep the standard head unit but wouldn't mind if I had to change it as long as all my other stuff worked still like the bluetooth and renault sport monitor.

Not realy a solution but the HU can play MP3 CD's with up to 7 folders, or you can Bluetooth from your phone etc. Even use the RCA line in connections.

Why USB specificaly?

It can play mp3 cd's but my laptop is a gaming laptop and has no cd drive haha.

Not sure about the bluetoothing music, although with the bluetooth on when in the car for the phone it kills the battery on the phone so would prefer to not do it that way and I have loads of usb sticks from the raids of freebies at shows and stuff like that :)

fair points. Crap laptop spec and crap phone battery :lol:

Have you got the RCA line in connections which could be used from an MP3 player/phone headphone jack... or even a USB player. Although that wouldn't be using a 5vdc power supply from the USB to keep it charged

You need to pair the device and radio. Instructions are in the handbook but easy to do.

If you have the handbook, just follow it, otherwise I'll have a dig and get instructions up.

Once paired. On the device, with a playlist ready to play and the speaker volume away from off, it should be ready. Just flick from radio>CD>Aux and the Aux device should connect automaticaly.

the_notorious_C_A_T":1une6qxz said:
Already had it paired as using it for my phone but didn't realise it had to be on the aux setting. Will try that next time I'm in the car.

Cheers for that bud :)
calls automaticaly kick in, even if your listening to the radio, but to play musicfrom it you need to select the aux source.

If your running an iPhone with ios5 you may find the response on track switching slow, so it's not your car specific. (just thought id add that as hadn't seen what phone you had)

Its alright mate, sometimes you will find that you can't go back through either!

Weird but each new iOS update gives more functionality back so heres to hoping

I also listen to the music with my android phone via bluetooth, there is a little delay when someone calls you. You can see on the phone someone rings you and it takes a coupleof sec before it pops up on the radio of your car.

I also use the navigation from google on my android and use my phone as gps and when connected to bluetooth, the directions are being said over the radio and it makes your music fade when the GPS talks.