Uprate headlight bulbs..

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_225

Reaction score
Just wondered what you lot are using in terms of uprated headlight bulbs?

I grabbed a set of XenonUltima Bulbs by Ring Automotive and must admit I'm rather impressed. They only went in today but even in daylight you can see the light emitted is a lot brighter. Looking forward to seeing their performance at night. :)

https://www.ringautomotive.co.uk/xenon-ultima.asp

bulb.jpg

Get some pics up at night as I'm looking at upgrading but don't fancy HID's

Will do mate. I'm not really a fan of HIDs to be honest.

Apart from their cost they never look OEM like proper factory fitted Xenons do. These bulbs I've just got certainly look to be the best aftermarket bulbs I've bought. :)

Cheers can't wait to see them. I agree on HID's as good as they are I'm just not keen on them. Especially when people start using 8k

i am using philips x-treme power. and i think they look really good, alot brighter and whiter than the standard

manofhow":h7famz8i said:
i am using philips x-treme power. and i think they look really good, alot brighter and whiter than the standard
any pics?

Yeah I'd like to see those as well, just out of interest. OEM bulbs are ok but for what they cost and uprated set are well worth it.

How much are the Philips ones by comparison? The ones I've just picked up were on special offer for £20 but think they are about £25 otherwise.

This is where we need a thread just for people to post a short review and pics thats locked to create a resource area as such.

alex they were £27.

i brought them becasue i wanted more light with out going hid route. they work well on dark non street light roads.

as a additional bonus as they are white rather than yellow they look alot smarter.

i know this is insignificant, but they are nicer looking bulbs, so when in the headlight housing they look better

Sounds like a pretty good price and know what you mean about white lights. They do just look that bit better, same as going for proper white LED side light bulbs. :)

I "upgraded" to the Phillips Exrtreme whatever they are called and tbh, yes they are better, but not by much. The Twingo headlights are just pants unless you go down the HID route, which I'm not willing to do as they are an MOT failure now-a-days.

i also want to change the headlight bulbs, sidelight bulbs and indicator bulbs. i can get at the indicator ones with no hassle but can any one tell me or provide pics as to how to get at the sidelights and in particular the headlights? ive taken the plastic cap off but dont see how they can come out.

also i have an a/c pipe running close so will i have to disconnect that or can i still get to it without needing to do this?

any help will greatly appreciated!!

side lights just slot straight into the bulb holder and the bulb holder just pushes into the back of the headlight. Grasp the holder and give it a gentle pull.

H4 headlight bulbs are held into the rear of the headlight by a spring clip. The two ends of the clip need to be unhooked and then the clip can be folded back, releasing the bulb. Now hold onto the cable connector and withdraw the bulb. Disconnect cable connector and replace bulb without getting fingers onto the glass envelope. Watch how the three location lugs are orientated when withdrawing the bulb as you need to put the replacement in the same way... It shouldn't fit upside down, but it can be made to if you realy try :lol: