Twingo on track !.. Again !

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UltimateGreen

Reaction score
Few pics of another day on track (Bedford)

20140823_122608_zpsf51c9a11.jpg

20140823_104927_zps450316ec.jpg

20140823_104838_zpsbbd764ce.jpg

RS_140823_MSVTBACARS_2206_zps0366a795.jpg

RS_140823_MSVTBACARS_0844_zps3479428c.jpg

Great pictures I need to get mine on track! What tyres have you got on this and how did they stand up to the punishment?

Toyo R1R's worked really well for me on the twingo for track days, in both the dry and the wet

made the twingo drive even more like a go kart on track

currieravfc":1lpe6xwg said:
Great pictures I need to get mine on track! What tyres have you got on this and how did they stand up to the punishment?

I've just used standard tyres (Conti 3's) which have stood up to the punishment well but I would advise getting some track tyres to get the most out of the Twingo.

UltimateGreen":2zavulm1 said:
currieravfc":2zavulm1 said:

I've just used standard tyres (Conti 3's) which have stood up to the punishment well but I would advise getting some track tyres to get the most out of the Twingo.
I use a048's they are brilliant once u get some heat into them.

mrbushrat":q804mbk6 said:
UltimateGreen":q804mbk6 said:
currieravfc":q804mbk6 said:

Not road legal though? Which means you need track wheels along with the whole new set of tyres.

i cannot rate Federal 595RS-R enough, and a lot cheaper than e.g. r888

i have done 3 full track days in the megane and they are still going strong. tons of grip in the wet and the dry

but like i said earlier r1r worked well on twingo

but these threads can go one for ever because everyone has there own opinion for different driving styles

UltimateGreen":2znf7abd said:
mrbushrat":2znf7abd said:

Not road legal though? Which means you need track wheels along with the whole new set of tyres.
a048 is e marked and road legal. It was original fit on the lotus elise. Just not recommended for really wet use as the tread pattern doesn't clear much water