Torque aps/scan gauges etc

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maggi200

Reaction score
So what's the best apps through the obd2 port?

I would be interested in measuring the temps etc? What options do I have that work well with the 133 for this, or do they/will they merely do the mpg side of things? A lot of my journeys can be short depending on where I'm working, so would like a more detailed idea of what's behaving and I find it odd not having a temp gauge in a performance orientated hatch!

I'm not sure what sensors they'll pick data up for even.

I was thinking of a Bluetooth scanner and purchasing an iPhone ap, will this do what I want?

I had one on my last car, inserted into the roof lining. But it was quite slow, the range of readings it gave was useful. But I didn't own it whilst I had the 133 so no idea how compatible it is with the range of sensors on the Twingo.

maggi112":2x792jhv said:
I had one on my last car, inserted into the roof lining. But it was quite slow, the range of readings it gave was useful. But I didn't own it whilst I had the 133 so no idea how compatible it is with the range of sensors on the Twingo.

i had a scangauge in my twingo and so did Al. It worked well but i can't 100% remember all the readings it gave, i am 99% sure it did give a water/coolant temp but like you say... no oil reading.

maggi112":3mzzzfuw said:
So what's the best apps through the obd2 port?

I would be interested in measuring the temps etc? What options do I have that work well with the 133 for this, or do they/will they merely do the mpg side of things? A lot of my journeys can be short depending on where I'm working, so would like a more detailed idea of what's behaving and I find it odd not having a temp gauge in a performance orientated hatch!

I'm not sure what sensors they'll pick data up for even.

I was thinking of a Bluetooth scanner and purchasing an iPhone ap, will this do what I want?

Just a word of advice. If you are using an iphone then you'll require a wifi adaptor but if you're using an andriod device you'll require a bluetooth adaptor.

If you have an iphone I actually have a kiwi plx wifi adaptor that I need to sell as I changed phones from iphone to andriod, if you're interested.

pritchp":3nw95rtx said:
maggi112":3nw95rtx said:

i had a scangauge in my twingo and so did Al. It worked well but i can't 100% remember all the readings it gave, i am 99% sure it did give a water/coolant temp but like you say... no oil reading.

Cheers rob. Just the info I was looking for

Is the turbogauge worth it or is it worth getting a Scangauge? What's the difference other than price?

After a quick google:

https://priuschat.com/threads/scangauge-ii-vs-turbogauge-iii.83664/

To me I reckon it's worth just paying a bit extra and getting the scan gauge.
I could never fault mine and it helps when you get a fault as also works as a fault reader
If you have the patience to program it properly it can be used to give you reasonably accurate mpg and miles till empty readings. But I never bothered

I had the latest scangauge II with the x gauges and performance monitor all built in.

Iirc it had water temp, air intake temp, throttle position sensor, etc as well as all the mpg readings.

Nice bit of kit sold it to dazza1.