Soon to be owner of Silverstone GP No 15 (erm 12)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JMR":3cjpnowi said:
Have you got it home yet Matt ??? :)

Yes mate, it's now home........ And I'm over the f'ing moon with it!! It couldn't have been a worse day to pick it up, lots of rain to begin with followed by a shit load of sleet so not fun to drive in. However did show the brakes to be incredible and whatever was stopping me from spinning up the wheels was also very well tuned - be it stability control or traction control it was cutting the power just enough to allow some slip but not enough for it to become inefficient at putting the power down.

I got out of a Saxo VTR to get in the Twingo today and although the little Citroen was a great car to drive the Silverstone is in a completely different league as a "junior" hot hatch. I'll open up a progress thread soon but to summarise I cannot wait to get back in it!!

Brilliant to hear this Matt.

Need a pic of it in your avatar :cool:

...and you need to change the description of your car to "Twingo 2 RS Silverstone GP No 12" ;)

Haha good to hear your enjoying it, now you have it more picks are needed dirty car or not!

The traction control is easily turned off by the press of a button but with the weather being as you described best leave it on ;)

Jaserabbit":3m48jk4n said:
Sorry not been on for a while but yea it's not mine, I still got it and mine is 15/50
Good to see another GP on here and local too

Local? Whereabouts are you dude?

Jaserabbit":2slzrlg9 said:
AS_BO":2slzrlg9 said:
Jaserabbit":2slzrlg9 said:
Sorry not been on for a while but yea it's not mine, I still got it and mine is 15/50
Good to see another GP on here and local too

Local? Whereabouts are you dude?

West side of Newcastle, just off the A69 / A1

Good stuff pal. Another local lad, need to defo get a run arranged. Hartside I'm thinking......

More locals every day! There are other roads than the pile off poo that is heartside!

mrbushrat":r6uklslh said:
More locals every day! There are other roads than the pile off poo that is heartside!

What?! You don't like hartside?

Update - got the V5 today and whoever mentioned the car was registered in Dundee was right. Brechin to be exact. I reckon that's where the "Mac Sport" stickers came from on the skirts. Next job is to take them off asap as they look pants! As promised I will get some daytime pics of it but at the minute I'm either working lots or driving it!! I did however get some protection on it at the weekend. Collinite 476S should see it nice now and I'll keep topping up as I go.