Samsung Galaxy Tab2 + Amazon AppStore

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMR

Reaction score
Ive just bought my son (10yo) a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7" (for Christmas)

In order to keep tabs on what hes buying and how much hes spending I was thinking of going down the Amazon AppStore route and just buying Gift Cards for him to redeem when he needs more ££
Instead of me having a colossal credit card bill!!!

Opinions please on the Amazon AppStore?

I know he'll have the Google Play store to fall back on, just checking this is a good way to start off?

Any other suggestions, essentials etc would be appreciated. I'm a laptop/iphone guy at moment so dont know where to start with Android.

Dont Google do vouchers or gift cards???

I have a Tab2 and love it but cant help on the app store side as i use the play store it comes with

sorry mate, cant help u with that one im afraid :( not something ive used.

i dont think the availability is there but it would be a good way of capping his spending.

the other thing to do is to register your card with the play store then turn the parental controls on so he cant download anything without u putting your password in, something to consider maybe?

Ah cheers Davey, I read about putting a pin code in every time you buy something.

May try both.

Google will do play store credit. But it's only in the is at the moment

Did you get the awesome cash back deal they're doing currently? £158 for 8gb plus £30 cash back and a 8gb memory card.

maggi112":2guv9ooh said:
Did you get the awesome cash back deal they're doing currently? £158 for 8gb plus £30 cash back and a 8gb memory card.

Even more awesome than that James!
Pay monthly £17.50/m contract with the phone.
Got it with a samsung ace for the mrs.

Waiting for £30 cashback.

Sounds like a good deal. They're literally giving em away ATM, think since the nexus 7 is such great value for money Samsung has had to react. Between the two I know what id have but the Samsung is still amazing for that money.
Can't imagine amazon actually sell any fire/fire hds with these about!

Quick look and it seems google play vouchers are still only available in the us for now

No doubting the Google Nexus is a cracking machine with its quad core etc.
But the Samsung ended up like a free Christmas present.

May get myself one in the new year.
Hopefully the Samsung is up to it for gaming to make a 10 year old happy.