RS133 cylinder head work

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GhostZ":16p7f5gm said:
:eek: ill wait in anticipation how the end results will be ,lookin good ;)
You know you want this update your self!

Join him!! :lol:

vader2.jpg

But I too am looking eager for the results of this :cool:

MovingShadow":1d3eblip said:
GhostZ":1d3eblip said:
:eek: ill wait in anticipation how the end results will be ,lookin good ;)
You know you want this update your self!

Join him!! :lol:

vader2.jpg

But I too am looking eager for the results of this :cool:

thing is Neil puts his engine back together himself ...

if i would do that i would have spare parts ....

so at the end it will cost me more but if he has a nice result and smooth running engine, i will be interested to ask cat cams what it will all cost to make it like Neil is doing cause i am no engine mechanical wizard ;)

mazmaz":1flg8lxv said:
good job !

Is valve site recut and new guide needed ?
The guides were removed to allow work around the guides and when borring out the larger inlets.

Valve seats were recut to 3 angle seats instead of the single face of the original

Hello again

My cylinder head is now completly dismantle
but valve guire are still there

do you think I can work inside before i remove them?
because i don't know if i can remove them by myself

The guides will be pressed into the head.

You could do some work with them in place, but any major machining would be much easier with them removed. One of the first things Nick did was to remove them before he started working on my head.

You could just grind them down which would flow slightly better without them sticking down into the ports... However, the valve stem then has less support and the exhaust valve stem also has less metal surrounding it to disipate heat. The small gain in performance could have reliability problems :(

Thx

Id didn't think about a the eat dissipation

I will discuss it with my tuner

Also, look at the lower inlet manifold, where it meets the head as there will be a large step which could be matched to the ports on the head.

At 5.5mm diameter, the valve stems are amongst the thinnest, hence keeping them well supported with a full length guide is a good idea. If they were 6-7mm stems they would be a lot stronger and you could probably reduce the intake guide.

I allready rework the manifold and lower manifold 2 years ago ;) . It's a classic on Renault RS ^^

So you put back standart valve guide? (and stadar valve with seat recut)

Yes. Standard valves as the size is big enough for 200hp. Valve guides were all replaced with new, but they are the same length as standard.

Valve seats in the head originaly have a single angle 45degree seat. Recut to 30,45,60 degrees.