rs tuner

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lemat1

Reaction score
just ordered my rstuner! anyone got experience of them? good results?
Mat

Its a home remap tool ;;;;; https://www.fastchip.nl/
im hoping for modest gains but just a general smoothing of the engine particularly in the mid range. just curious if anyone else has used it!?

Theyre all the rage over on Cliosport.net

Best thing is you can upload maps to suit your mods as and when you make changes to your setup.
Induction/ freeflow exhaust etc.

I had my Clio professionally tuned at ironically enough RS Tuning (Leeds)
Put a good map on mine, pulled like a train in the mid range.

i have one and sort of beta-tested the first version of the map for a few weeks, then mailed my opinions back to henk where he improved the map further and sent it back to me. I quite like it.

- smoother torque curve
- noticable increase in low range torque
- far better coldstart behavior (main reason why I got it...)
- rpm limit raised to 7400. totally uncritical but very helpful in 1st and 2nd gear

brilltant thanks for the info, thats answered all of my q's and excalty what i was hoping for! one more - did it have any effect on mpg?

Cheers

Mat

I like the look of that might have to invest in one

i will give a bit of analysis once ive got it, hopefully this week

Mat

Yeah keep us posted, i liek the look of it, if all is positive, will see if can get one for the GT maybe :D

im not sure there is a map for the GT only the 133 is listed, email the guy there he might be able to help.....

Mat

Yeah noticed its for 133 only, just curious as to if available for the GT as well. Will wait and see on feedback :D

frediiii":1cihyws1 said:
i have one and sort of beta-tested the first version of the map for a few weeks, then mailed my opinions back to henk where he improved the map further and sent it back to me. I quite like it.

- smoother torque curve
- noticable increase in low range torque
- far better coldstart behavior (main reason why I got it...)
- rpm limit raised to 7400. totally uncritical but very helpful in 1st and 2nd gear

Is your car standard otherwise frediiii?

I have a full k~tec system in my garage that I was selling but no buyers so I'm just going to put it back on and buy that system and see the deference

update: just got news from my local garage where they were trying to do our equivalent of your MOT... didn't pass, as the lambda value at 3krpm is slightly elevated (max is 1.03 and my value was 1.08, meaning it's running a bit lean). don't know if this is related to the map or maybe one of the lambda sensors... anyone else had a problem like this after a remap?

update, got the tuner yesturday and applied the map last night. all very easy to do and a neat toy!
first impressions, it does what freddii said it would!.... noticeable improvement in low to midrange torque, and generally smoother - particularly when pulling away this is both from cold and when warmed up. The VVT transition at 3500 rmp is now much less noticable, before there was a flat spot and this seem to be largely gone. Finally the rev limit is up to 7400! a good change
Mat