Renewed Insurance Twingo RS

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMR

Reaction score
Just reinsured the Gordini for the coming year.

Aviva renewal came through at a ridiculous price, as much as I paid for my Civic Type R last year.

I've hunted high and low all over the place getting online and phone quotes.

Finally settled today and went with Direct Line.
Havent been with them for years ( had a 4 yr spell but once the insurance group went up they werent competitive )
I've managed to get mine for £ 327 fully comp, protected NCD, legal expenses, 300xs.

Done the mrs's 182 at same time, £ 331.

Cant grumble too much at those, and i got full top level Green Flag breakdown for me and the mrs, whatever car we're in for £85. (homestart, roadside, national recovery etc)

Directline were exactly same price as Admiral (I know people love admirals prices, but not their service, and I've experienced both with them)

Other cheapest quotes I had in order were:-

1. Direct Line
2. Admiral
3. eSure (competitive but xs too high)
4. LV.com

Disappointing quotes were
Aviva - £ 400
Greenlight - £ 430

Price of insurance is rediculous now
I'm with admiral paying 668 21 yrs old

Well im not even gonna go there, my renewal is this month and im looking at a 4 figure price, so you lot can all be quiet :lol:

Miss dw118":3u5i7h8i said:
Well im not even gonna go there, my renewal is this month and im looking at a 4 figure price, so you lot can all be quiet :lol:

Oh dear, like I say the mrs's car is same insurance group as your 197 and shes paying £331/yr :D

The benefits of age I suppose.

Can't wait to see how much they increase my renewal by for no reason whatsoever to in January!
They added £100 on top of the £1500 I was on the year before

Now I'm 19 with 2yrs NBC.. On my dads, which doesn't make a difference anymore.. Hoping for a cheaper monthly payment as its killing me at £140 a month!?

£140 a month !!!

FFS I was spitting fire when aviva quoted me just over £400 a year.
I remember when I was 18/19 my first premium was third party fire and theft only, and it was £300.

Is yours fully comp at £1500?

I thinkk it's £1600, with my dad as the main driver, with the car in his name.. Fully comp, but I'm not allowed to drive between 12-6am with only 6000 a year

I pay for the car, I do about 14000 miles a year And I driver after twelve quite often..

It's stupid!!! If I declared that, I might as well not have the friggin car

20,1NCB fully comp with aviva my own policy but my mum is a named driver £1200 that's paying monthly, if I paid all in one its around £900.

BlackTwingo-i":256bfb66 said:
I thinkk it's £1600, with my dad as the main driver, with the car in his name.. Fully comp, but I'm not allowed to drive between 12-6am with only 6000 a year

I pay for the car, I do about 14000 miles a year And I driver after twelve quite often..

I paid £1900 for my own name and 6000 miles a year

I got a quote for £1080 on an 133 twingo for next April (Aged 19 + 2 years ncb)

That's pretty good I'm hoping the Twingo will be dropping again when it is due for renewal.

I currently pay in the region of £1,150 for all three cars. 225 is about £430 for the year, put the 133/172 on a multicar policy for about £750 so can't really complain for three cars and what kind of cars they are. Twingo 133 is significantly cheaper than a Clio 172 though.

The 182 should have been £384 but I got 15% off for it being multicar.

I have one claim 3 yr ago which puts my price up a bit (ice + lamppost)

Caz-133cup":a3bpqosa said:
Just over £300 for me fully comp, 7 years ncb and 6 points! Luckily I'm 26 so age is on my side!

That's decent! Who you insured with?

Quote me happy. It's an online company so one of the reasons it's so cheap is they keep the costs down without having huge call centres.
I would have liked to have stayed with aviva but the renewal was almost £700! To hell with that.

BlackTwingo-i":2zz5q32b said:

Wait what, i'm pretty much doing the same as you (also 19) and I'm paying less than that for my GT. Only £900 fully comp for a year and able to do 8000 miles a year, allowed out at any time. Maybe its the multicar discount. (With Churchill btw)