omp upper rear strut brace

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamiejamweb

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls I've brought the omp rear upper strut brace but tried to fit it but it doesn't fit has anyone else had this problem?

not heard of any problems. if you let me know the part number you received i can see if the people you bought it off sent you the right one..

It's Ma 1838 and I brought it from yourselves and have been in contact and you are talking to omp lots of bits I like on your website so loads more To buy

i had to trim/grind some of the edging off in the rear turret for the brace to fit

Hmm...not sure if I really want one if I have to start grinding stuff to make it fit...how much trimming are we talking here? Anyone got any pictures of what needed doing to make it fit? Surely omp should have made it to fit without chopping stuff about in the first place.

lgonzalez":2j9gc3r1 said:
Hmm...not sure if I really want one if I have to start grinding stuff to make it fit...how much trimming are we talking here? Anyone got any pictures of what needed doing to make it fit? Surely omp should have made it to fit without chopping stuff about in the first place.

simple reason for this, there is no true centering point for the rear dampers so in every twingo you'll find that the distance between the two strut studs varies by up to 5mm. you'll see what i mean, to get it to fit you just need to jack the rear of the car up onto axle stands and remove the bottom bolts for the rear dampers to see how much movement there is when tightening down the top of the dampers to the car. :) stick the strut brace on before you tighten and voila!

oscar":1an7asb4 said:
lgonzalez":1an7asb4 said:

simple reason for this, there is no true centering point for the rear dampers so in every twingo you'll find that the distance between the two strut studs varies by up to 5mm. you'll see what i mean, to get it to fit you just need to jack the rear of the car up onto axle stands and remove the bottom bolts for the rear dampers to see how much movement there is when tightening down the top of the dampers to the car. :) stick the strut brace on before you tighten and voila!

I suggested this before :) best way to do it !!?

oscar":lbvmto8x said:
lgonzalez":lbvmto8x said:

Ah I get you. Give this man a star. Guess what'll be getting ordered soon then :p

lgonzalez":3lgh1bi8 said:
oscar":3lgh1bi8 said:
lgonzalez":3lgh1bi8 said:

Ah I get you. Give this man a star. Guess what'll be getting ordered soon then :p

there will be a much nicer one available in a few months time. this one will actually serve a function! ;)

oscar":2ygj7cac said:
lgonzalez":2ygj7cac said:
oscar":2ygj7cac said:
lgonzalez":2ygj7cac said:

there will be a much nicer one available in a few months time. this one will actually serve a function! ;)
Oh?!!!! Will it definitely be available to purchase? May wait it out and see then.

choice of two braces. one in the same vein as the pointless omp one but you'll be able to choose from 4 colours and one will require 2-3 holes drilled which will act as a brace. much in the same way as a front strut brace, the type that will need drilling. the main aim just now for hakosuka racing is to make proper braces. will also be releasing a harness bar for seatbelts

(don't worry neil, ryan won't be touching it with his dodgy welds. the cheek of that boy!)