New Twingo incoming!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackcup

Reaction score
Hi guys, just thought I'd pop on here to say hello! I pick up my 3rd ever Renaultsport on Saturday 3 hrs away in Sheffield, it'll be a little runaround to go alongside my remapped 250 rs. I can't wait to pick it up- it was a bit of a steal- £3505 on eBay as a part ex clearance from a premium German dealer.
I stuck a cheeky bid in and didn't think I'd get it at all, dealer picks so far-

Wheels have been refurbed too.

Does anyone know if it might have the cup pack? I've read on here about the purple dot on the rear springs but thought someone could tell from a pick?
I'm not overly fussed- it's not going to be my hooning car any how just would be a nice bonus- the dealer didn't advertise it as a cup but people not up on rs products may have missed it.

Many thanks, Matt

Welcome to the family! Saw this on ebay myself and thought what a bargain! So hope it`s a good car for you. It`s not a proper out and out cup but from pic`s it looks like a full fat with cup chassis option. Obvious sign is the 17 inch alloys. On non cups you get 16 inch alloys which are silver and not anthracite. If it was an out and out cup version, the rear glass isn`t tinted, you get a bench rear seat instead of the two individual seats, no air con etc. Whichever version you get, they`re cracking little cars! Good luck to you!

Hi Charlie, thanks for the welcome! That's great news if it is sport with cup pack, that's what I have on my Megane & it's the best of both worlds. Will post a pic of the pair when I get a chance.

Matt

You`ll love the Twingo! I`ve owned a phase 1 172 and a phase 2 172. Had the phase 2 for eight years. When the facelifted Twingo was announced, not a lot of info was released. I was thinking of changing my Clio but because it had been such a good car, I wanted something special to replace it with. Looked around at the obvious but nothing gave me the same feeling as the 172 like the Twingo does. You look at the Twingo and you know it`s going to upset the odds! So I got an out and out cup before the facelift came out and I don`t regret it!

Ps My real name is Grenville. Just like Charlie cos I`ve watched the Italian Job too many times! :D All my mates call me Gren.

Welcome to the madhouse, sounds like you've got yourself a nice little bargain.

Well it's been a bit busy at work so sorry for the delay but here we are: she is indeed a full fat sport & cup beauty!
Really really pleased with it, very revvy little motor and a fantastic chassis, it just sticks so well when throwing it around!
Feels faster than you're actually travelling unlike my remapped Megane 250 RS; that can easily get you into Court haha!
The stereo is a million times better than my Arkamys upgrade in the Meg. The car's pretty well equipped too actually!

Matches the Megane quite well, contrasting Grey and Black.

Very nice mate! I`m really pleased you`re happy with it because they are fantastic little cars! Looks even better in your pic`s, especially with the Meg! Good luck to you!

Ps Your dog looks well proud! Have to keep an eye on your milage in case he/she takes it out for a spin when you`ve gone to sleep. :D