New speakers

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackTwingo-i

Reaction score
Got the thought of getting some louder, more crisp and better sounding speakers fitted, just to replace the ones behinds the door cars, on the dash and in the back.. Anyone done this? Anything I need to know and anybody know what to go for?
I hate it when people put speakers on the parcel shelf with a stupid massive sub in the back!

Pioneer do a direct swap kit includes dash speakers and doors for around 90 odd quid :) no cutting or modding required !!!!!!

Pioneer components (as above) up front, pioneer coaxials out back, alpine passive sub under the passenger seat. A subtle, budget set up which will do for me :) could have spent more for perfect sound but tbh wasted on me, and probably 90% of people.

matbry01":dnln7fso said:
Pioneer do a direct swap kit includes dash speakers and doors for around 90 odd quid :) no cutting or modding required !!!!!!
Sounds half decent! Do you have these by any chance? I'm not after changing my head unit either :/ don't like them ones that stick out like a shit stain on White shorts.. They are so in your face, with all the LED screens and massive volume nobs and all that, not for mee.. Just want some decent speakers for when the music is abit louder

i have been already thinking about that, but my first question is what holds music back more: head unit (i dont have uprated bluetooth version) or speakers? Cause e.g. in our Focus the headunit was the weak part, i changed it for optional sony unit and was massive improvement to the sound without the need to change speakers. Because if the headunit is the "problem", changing the speakers wont help at all...

I can't comment on which added more, because i changed both at once.

Pioneer components (for renault) next to the standard speakers (which it appears someone took a dislike to in the factory!)

2011-03-19161807.jpg

Also upgraded the headunit

2011-03-19164959.jpg

And added pioneer coaxials in the rear which are mostly faded out but add a little depth for those in the rear and an alpine passive sub under the passenger seat that just adds the extra depth needed without being OTT :)

Just having a read of this post as I'd love the upgrade the speakers in the Mrs 133.

She has an aftermarket head unit and that improved the sound from the standard speakers by a noticeable difference. Sharper for sure although not really any more bass.

I wouldn't expect the pants OEM headunit to put out a decent enough output to make the most of a set of Pioneer component speakers.

Combine those Pioneer speakers with a subtle looking headunit and I'd say you're onto a winner. Not all aftermarket head units are big and lairy.

Straight swap speakers limits you, just cut the plugs off but leave enough wire on there incase you want to put oem speakers back in the car ;)

I went to this new place near mine, they fit like tvs ps3s xboxs speakers amps and all the pimp my ride stuff, and he recommended JLB speakers with built in tweeters, he said they will work well with the stock headunit.. £80 for the 2 fronts fitted

i havnt got a clue really, but I'm getting vibe stuff for mine, and leaving the HU alone for now i think. does your car not have separate tweeters at the front then??

Courtney":zkwlpptg said:
i havnt got a clue really, but I'm getting vibe stuff for mine, and leaving the HU alone for now i think. does your car not have separate tweeters at the front then??
Sometimes it will have the cable already there or it might not in my case I had to get some tweeters and wire them into the front speakers. As for a sub I have it is a different ball game wireing it into the standard head unit.

Yeah it does, but the JLB ones have them built in, in the middle, so you don't need to change the stock tweeters

matbry01":3oqi8ocd said:
Courtney":3oqi8ocd said:
Sometimes it will have the cable already there or it might not in my case I had to get some tweeters and wire them into the front speakers. As for a sub I have it is a different ball game wireing it into the standard head unit.

Oh yeah, don't you have a little switch for your sub? But your using the standard HU yeah? Im glad i got someone who knows how to put these in coz i havnt got a clue haha...!!

Courtney":2oyztis4 said:
matbry01":2oyztis4 said:
Courtney":2oyztis4 said:

Oh yeah, don't you have a little switch for your sub? But your using the standard HU yeah? Im glad i got someone who knows how to put these in coz i havnt got a clue haha...!!
It is only a gain and frequency controller mate. And yes using the standard head unit.

Some speakers that don't crackle when it's loud and bassy will be enough :D £80 the right price for 2 including tweeters fitted? Get to keep my old ones too, yay..

singlespeed":380gu5tc said:
If you have tweeters in the dash, then it would probably sound better fitting component speakers, rather than just putting co-axials in the doors. Keeping the dash tweeters and adding another set in the doors could be a bit 'bright'

https://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pioneer-ts-q131c-renault.html would be a direct swap if you already have the dash tweeter wiring

the cars inbuilt crossover still dictates that most of the highs go to the dash tweet, the coax speakers fitted in the doors act mainly as woofers that way, i have some spl dynamics coax's in my front doors, and still sound spot on

Prab

Prabmire":xm24cx4o said:
singlespeed":xm24cx4o said:
If you have tweeters in the dash, then it would probably sound better fitting component speakers, rather than just putting co-axials in the doors. Keeping the dash tweeters and adding another set in the doors could be a bit 'bright'

https://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pioneer-ts-q131c-renault.html would be a direct swap if you already have the dash tweeter wiring

the cars inbuilt crossover still dictates that most of the highs go to the dash tweet, the coax speakers fitted in the doors act mainly as woofers that way, i have some spl dynamics coax's in my front doors, and still sound spot on

Prab
I beleive the standard dash tweeters have a capacitor built into them (to filter our lower frequency), so no cross-over as such. Hence, co-axials in the door would be full range

Do all twingos have dash tweeters? If not I don't have a clue if mine does, it has the honeycomb covers but I don't really know.. Will that pioneer set work well with the standard unit, like the guy I spoke to said the JLB ones would