Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is the only issue no cruise control ,

Can this be retro fitted like in a VW

I'd like to do this when I've got the cash. But I was wondering whether a clio 197 steering wheel would fit the twingo as they're a lot easier to get hold of with cruise control buttons

Hello,

I have tried to start a build thread like I have on R32OC for my Golf. (if you get bored have a read - https://www.r32oc.com/topic/45850-miqs-r32/page__st__360__p__1993377__hl__+miq's%20+r32#entry1993377
)

but could not find how,

So I thought that I would update it here.

Ok,

So on my .:R’s they have pure white LED interior and Xenon head lights so I have given this treatment to the Twingo as the standard light beam is not great .

I have changed all of the white push in bulbs with CREE LED pure white ones, look so fresh at night when interior lights are on.

Also this week I am having the main beam lights converted to HID Xenon, as the yellowy lights are terrible compared to the Xenons in the dark.

I have also removed the atmospheric dump valve and got a new recirk one which makes a quieter noise so I don’t look like a chav?

One stupid thing I have done which - was a bit dumb,

I noticed that the stereo has a AUX mode, so I bought a Renault cable with a 3.5m jack on it, installed it – only to find out that there are RCA plugs in the glove box for the same job. – so that was a waste of money and effort.

To be fair I did look in the manual to see where the AUX plug is, and it does not tell you.

Have you considered Just getting uprated bulbs I'm sure osram nightbreakers would be better than xenons which do not have the right projectors etc

Universe":1wkxgj9d said:
Have you considered Just getting uprated bulbs I'm sure osram nightbreakers would be better than xenons which do not have the right projectors etc

Hi mate , was just going to comment on here , you are correct my auto electrician said I would be best using Philips diamond pure white H4 bulbs , rather than an expensive conversion,

So I am getting some tomorrow to see ,

Glad you said this as I assumed he was trying to get out of fitting the kit lol

I find them as good as xenons, find myself driving around at night without high beam on most the time, the yellowy mess that comes out the standard bulbs is just dangerous

Exactly after using my other car at the weekend i knew I needed better ones in the Twingo, plus the white looks a lot fresher