Mini RS service?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lordyb

Reaction score
Hey. Was thinking if getting my Twingo serviced before its official service date is due?

Or am I wasting my money?
I have nearly hit 10k, should I look at changing the oil etc? I just want to make sure the car is running at its best.
Ta

At that mileage id just get the service done early or wait myself.

I've change the oil at 6,000 miles, seems to work for me. If you can do it yourself do it, only tricky bit is the filter is in an awkward place for access.

How old is it? Arent the newer twingos service 2 years? Doesnt always go on mileage, its age too

Yeah, my car is roughly 1 year and 4 months!
So I either get it serviced at 12k I think or 2 years!
I don't no how to change the oil!
I will find out though.

Any decent oils to upgrade to or stick with the original?
And do I change the oil filter aswell? If so, what sort of filter should I use?
Thank u!

Genuine Renault filter (they're cheap enough to not worry about anything else).

And tbh I've used the oil from Renault for all my changes and services so far.

IMO 2 years is a long time to have oil sat in a car if you like to drive it quickly every once in a while anyway, yearly or on mileage is what I will stick to.

Ok, what about spark plugs etc? Is it worth just getting a full service now to get the best of the car?
It just feels like its not running at its best. ( may b my own paranoia)

Wouldn't help changing the oil Lordy.
I bought mine at a year old with 6k on the clock and changed the oil as soon as I got it. Like maggz said 2 years is a little long havin the oil sittin there with u havin to wait to winters aswel

Haha! That makes more sense! Lol!

Yeah I'm gonna figure out how too do it myself!
Haha! Is Karl still selling the deal on oil change kit!?

just get it serviced early at 10k rather than waiting till 12k no point changing oil then having it done 2k later, the first 12k service is only an oil, filter and cabin filter anyway!

Martin_172":2ddgh6at said:
just get it serviced early at 10k rather than waiting till 12k no point changing oil then having it done 2k later, the first 12k service is only an oil, filter and cabin filter anyway!

My first one cost me over £130 so I must have had an expensive oil change! Second and third service was £200

Caz-133cup":3auen5f1 said:
Martin_172":3auen5f1 said:

My first one cost me over £130 so I must have had an expensive oil change! Second and third service was £200

yep dealers are a rip of, I wanted full dealer history on my GT DCi and my first service was due at 18k and it was £180 for oil, filter and cabin filter!