Induction Kits

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_225

Reaction score
Just wondered what induction kits people were using on their 133s? :D

I was kinda fancying a Green kit as the Clio 182 kit I had sitting in my loft fitted directly onto the Mrs 133. The sound is awesome and the throttle response is noticeably better on a cold day and you don't notice any drop in performance during hot days.

InductionKit.jpg

Does anyone know the actual diamiter of the induction pipe from the airbox? I was wanting one of the Green twin cone filters purely because they look quite cool and intended on fitting it in the same way as the Mrs one.

gre_comp-uni-filt_d1.jpg

I've made mine from bits and bobs... Silicone elbow, stainless steel pipe and then a K&N come towards the front bumper/next to battery with some heat shield.

Didn't cost much to make up and could obviously be done with a green filter too.

If I remember I'll get some photos soon.

Subject to testing of the replacement, I know of an enclosed system that will be avaliable soon ;)

i was thinking of purchasing the single cone green filter, would it just fit on the end of my silicone hoses ive had fitted or will i need to purchase extras so it fits?.
help would be appreciated. thanks

Ok so I had one laying around, pulled my finger out and fitted it yesterday. Absolutely no idea wgat it is, tbh I don't care. Heatsoak, again I don't care! The difference, if any isn't noticeable and it sounds awesome. It is massive though :lol:

c8e32185.jpg

Oh and there was an issue with bridging the gap between the 80mm filter and the 68mm inlet :lol: I was bring cheap and didn't wanna pay for anything

The problem with using the original hose is the cone will move about a lot. I found that with sudden movements (ie. when blipping the throttle to rev match), the engine would move enough to make the cone fling up and hit the bonnet.

Have to agree though, the sound is insane. I think it's comparable to taking the bung out. The difference that makes x2!

Ah right yeah I think I tried that on mine. Keep an eye on it as the cable ties can snap quite easily.

Haha pics later :)

I've cable tied the cone in the Mrs 133 without a problem and it certainly doesn't budge.

Matt - when you said about yours hitting the bonnet, is that the noise we mentioned before when you blip the throttle on the down change? I've experienced that a couple of times, blipping up to say 3,500rpm-ish but I'm not convinced it'd be the cone filter hitting anything as the Mrs one does not move enough.

I used some pretty hefty cable ties and I didn't think they would budge. A week or so later and every single one (I use LOADS) had snapped, thus allowing the cone to hit the bonnet on occasion.

Matt":4scae2jb said:
I used some pretty hefty cable ties and I didn't think they would budge. A week or so later and every single one (I use LOADS) had snapped, thus allowing the cone to hit the bonnet on occasion.

That's pretty mad. I've fitted various induction kits with the aid of a couple of trust cable ties, even with the heat under the bonnet they've never broken on me! lol

It may be down to the way they were mounted to be honest... If I remember correctly, there were some sharp edges which over time could have rubbed through and caused them to snap. I wrapped a majority of the cable ties around the old airbox mount. This was the only suitable place though...