How could I resist??

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_225

Reaction score
Well some of you may remember my mates Clio 172 which I had some pics of a while back. This one to be precise...

3.jpg

Well him and his Mrs have been finding it a bit impractical and are looking to sell it.

It's been in the wars a little, as he started it in gear with the handbrake off so it kinda drove itself through his garden gate, literally.....

d193a43a.jpg

But it's got a full service history, 55k on the clock and the rest is sound. So I bought it.........for £800!!!!!

For that money I really couldn't resist. It's worth more than £800 as it stands but he's offered it to me at silly money really as wants it to go to a good home! :)

I think the dent would pull out relatively easily to be honest.

Oh well no rush really, I don't want to be spending fortunes on it. Not right now anyway.

Absolute bargain. Now wait for jordy and then hand the twingo and clio to him for a bit and you get a super twingo

Deal of the day.

Throw away purchase at that price alex.
Only thing that bugs me about the clios is the driving positions a bit too high without the recaros.

That said, they dont half handle well.
I find the 182 cup to be loads better than my 172, and at the time i had that, thought it was great!

Friedchicken91":jtaqd9ao said:
Absolute bargain. Now wait for jordy and then hand the twingo and clio to him for a bit and you get a super twingo

On TOC he said he's finished one. It would most likely only cost you £200-300 extra :p

All the 172's around me are around that price but with 120,000 miles on them... And fully chaved up. Curbed Crome 18", Lexus lights, Tribal vinyls and the back boxes big enough to fit your weekly rubbish in.

Friedchicken91":1fwlmcsx said:

Or not. Why wreck a perfectly good car, just because it was cheap?

Araf":1v5ex7gj said:
Friedchicken91":1v5ex7gj said:

I'm joking jeez, cool ya beans

I had a look online for Phase II 172s to see how the price compared.

The cheapest one I found with similar mileage, had similar cosmetic damage but was £1,650 so I'm feeling more and more happy I said I'd take it.

I'm thinking that in time I'll get the bodywork sorted then use it as a daily driver really and maybe try and get it on the track. I'd always said I wanted another 172 or 182 and now I do, just a bit sooner than I thought!

Friedchicken91":2no4fojc said:
Araf":2no4fojc said:
Friedchicken91":2no4fojc said:

Quite cool here, and thought I was asking a sensible question. :shock:

Araf":12n3k2o6 said:
Friedchicken91":12n3k2o6 said:
Araf":12n3k2o6 said:
Friedchicken91":12n3k2o6 said:

Quite cool here, and thought I was asking a sensible question. :shock:
I thought you wanted an argument my bad :lol: