Fitting HID's

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
matbry01":2fvwz3yh said:
TheDon":2fvwz3yh said:
Hi peeps,I just fitted my HID kit from Hatton Performance,which i would highly recommend :D , Im really struggling to run the main wiring loom across the top of the engine,there are no holes to run cable ties through..
Please could someone take a pic of your wiring loom installation ;)
Thanks!!!
Matbry01 on photo bucket there is a thew on where I have put stuff also as u look at me enguin bay shot o ran it under the lip where tue bonnet release is ;)

ok awesome cheers dude i will check it out!!
Thanks.

TheDon":1u74k7ay said:
matbry01":1u74k7ay said:
TheDon":1u74k7ay said:
Hi peeps,I just fitted my HID kit from Hatton Performance,which i would highly recommend :D , Im really struggling to run the main wiring loom across the top of the engine,there are no holes to run cable ties through..
Please could someone take a pic of your wiring loom installation ;)
Thanks!!!
Matbry01 on photo bucket there is a thew on where I have put stuff also as u look at me enguin bay shot o ran it under the lip where tue bonnet release is ;)

ok awesome cheers dude i will check it out!!
Thanks.
Anytime :D

Ok ive just been to the shops and ive noticed that the drivers side light shines more on the road and the left side shines in the distance.
do i just need to position the bulbs properly?
What could be the problem?
And which 1 should it be , shine on the road in front of me or shine in the distance?
Thanks...

The nearside/passenger side should be ever so slightly higher than the drivers side, you're probably noticing it now as the light is brighter and more prominent.

It's so you can see more without pointing straight at oncoming drivers.

Having said that, it may be worse than it sounds and you might have knocked the adjuster out... Only real way to tell is compare it to another set or get them aligned.

Matt":1uu3mc0a said:
The nearside/passenger side should be ever so slightly higher than the drivers side, you're probably noticing it now as the light is brighter and more prominent.

It's so you can see more without pointing straight at oncoming drivers.

Having said that, it may be worse than it sounds and you might have knocked the adjuster out... Only real way to tell is compare it to another set or get them aligned.

Cheers mate,i will go have a play around under the hood to see whats potting :D
The right light actually shines like a line/beam on the road about 2 to 3 metres in front of me,would u say that thats normal?
Thanks.

Just received an HID kit today and will be fitting it shortly.
One thing I'm not sure on his where all the earth leads go???
There's one that's on it own coming out of the relay which I think connects to the positive terminal on the battery??
Each of the ballasts have their own lead as well. Where do they go? Just somewhere metal on the car?
Sorry for being thick, the instructions are about as much use as chocolate fireguard!

Ahh you got pritchps hid kit, i supplied that to him, basically on the side nearest to the battery you shouldnt do it! but i earthed directly to the negative terminal, on the other other side there should be a bolt going into the wing to hold something in place can't remember what now but i earthed there, pretty simple otherwise, the plug goes into the main headlamp wiring switch on the battery side of the car, and ballasts connect to bulbs and bulbs fit in existing spots all hunky dory

Prab

ECG1000":1i71b3x1 said:
There's one that's on it own coming out of the relay which I think connects to the positive terminal on the battery??
Each of the ballasts have their own lead as well. Where do they go? Just somewhere metal on the car?
Sorry for being thick, the instructions are about as much use as chocolate fireguard!
the red cable with the inline fuse goes to battery +ve.
The other two ring/half ring crimps from the balasts go onto a good earth point. I used battery -VE as one and air con bracket stud for the other.

pics and descriptions in my first post

No idea what Prabmire is on about as he didn't supply them to me, mine came straight from Hatton Performance.

singlespeed":37rxqp5o said:
ECG1000":37rxqp5o said:
the red cable with the inline fuse goes to battery +ve.
The other two ring/half ring crimps from the balasts go onto a good earth point. I used battery -VE as one and air con bracket stud for the other.

pics and descriptions in my first post

Right! Thank you mate. Nice and simple :D